Law School Discussion

(yawn) Choices!

Coyote

• View Profile
(yawn) Choices!
« on: December 02, 2004, 06:59:21 PM »
Alright.

I'm in at UGA, will likely make it into Emory, and GSU is a given.

I'm an Immigration Inspector (Customs and Border Protection Officer, now); I'll focus on Immigration Law.  I'm Georgia born, bred, and eventually dead.

Possibilities:

1. All things being equal, UGA.  Affordable, well ranked, and Peter J. Spiro, a big dawg in the field - former White House National Security Council, Immigration and Naturalization Law expert...teaches "Immigration Law" and "Advanced Immigration Law."

2. (unlikely) I get the Robert W. Woodruff Fellowship, free ride at Emory.  "Immigration Law" and then field placement with INS.  (Only an option with a free ride.  I'll practice in Georgia - no justification for the added expense.)

3. With UGA and Emory admission, I swing a free ride at GSU.  My numbers are well above their 75%.  "Immigration Law and Practice" and then "Immigration Externship" with INS.

Choices:

If 2, should I consider UGA?

If 3, should I consider UGA?

Appreciate any input.

Re: (yawn) Choices!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 08:36:38 PM »
You seem to be excited about UGA, I'd say you'd be best to go there.  A full ride at Emory would be worth it, but otherwise I'd agree that it's not worth all the extra money you'd pay.

Coyote

• View Profile
Re: (yawn) Choices!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 09:49:42 AM »
Tuition and fees for all three years at UGA is under $30,000.  Tuition and fees for 1 year at Emory is $32,772.

Yeah, I have two Bachelor degrees from UGA, plus I was a townie for a while.  Met my wife at the GA Bar.