Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Washington  (Read 1814 times)

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Washington
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 03:43:39 AM »
not true
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 04:05:34 AM »
you're just angry ;)

LawSchoolDreams3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 04:26:44 AM »

DC Duck

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 09:26:14 AM »
UW is one tough cookie to crack, especially if you're outta state since they only accept around 75 out of staters a year.
If you're planning on staying in the North West, and especially Washington, this is the school to go to.  From what I've heard, the employers in the area are very loyal to UW, taking graduates from the law school above most of the top schools in the Nation.

GoHuskies05

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 11:03:15 AM »
Some of this info is accurate and some rather close. 

U-dub is definitely much easier to get into in-state.  I didn't apply, because I don't think I have a chance being out of state.

Before the USNEWS mishap two years ago the school fluctuated between low to high 20's in the USNEWS rankings.

The reason it's so hard to get into is a relatively small class size, but also because for states like WA, OR, HI, Alaska (AL abbrev?), ID, etc. it's the best school.  Thus, there is a HUGE region that U-dub kind of owns.....I don't mean that to sounding boastful.

From anecdotal evidence, U-dub grads are sought after in Seattle and Portland, however, I'm not so sure they're necessarily needed in SF or LA.  Furthermore, Seattle is such an awesome place to live that many East Coasters have been coming, and thus the job market has become more cramped for U-dub grads.  Again, this is just stuff I hear from my friends working in law firms. 

Any other questions about the school, I can try to answer.  I had a great undergrad experience there.  It is easy to get into undergrad if you are in state, but much like the law school it is impossible out of state.       

DC Duck

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 01:40:49 PM »
I know UW starts looking at applications in January, but historically, when do the bulk of the acceptance/reject letters get sent out?

GoHuskies05

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 02:05:54 PM »
I know UW starts looking at applications in January, but historically, when do the bulk of the acceptance/reject letters get sent out?

I don't think they usually send them out in larges batches.  Starting late January to the middle of March most of the acceptances are sent out. 

I think the rejections are sent out in late April, with maybe a few additional acceptances.  I applied there last year and was rejected in late April. 

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 02:10:05 PM »
HI, Alaska (AL abbrev?), ID

What's with your Hawai'i-Seattle fixation?  Most people from Hawai'i who want to go to school on the mainland end up in California.

AL is Alabama.  Alaska is AK.  Give the state a little respect.  Without them, who would we have to piss on our sidewalks and passout in our doorways?

Idaho is best ignored.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

GoHuskies05

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »
HI, Alaska (AL abbrev?), ID

What's with your Hawai'i-Seattle fixation?  Most people from Hawai'i who want to go to school on the mainland end up in California.

AL is Alabama.  Alaska is AK.  Give the state a little respect.  Without them, who would we have to piss on our sidewalks and passout in our doorways?

Idaho is best ignored.

Many people from HI end up studying in Seattle.  You seem to have a problem with someone else having an opinion about Seattle.  I met so many Hawaiians during my time at the U.

Sorry about the abbreviation.

Many people from Idaho come to U-dub as well.  For example, the Medical school, U-dub acts as their state school and they have in-state admissions.  

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 02:35:52 PM »
You seem to have a problem with someone else having an opinion about Seattle.  
What the hell are you talking about?  You're the one who threatened to kill anyone who said something unpleasant about Seattle.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.