Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Method of Acceptance Database  (Read 1812 times)

bluetubist

Method of Acceptance Database
« on: December 02, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »
I propose the start of a database that catalogs how/when each school notifies their applicants (whether accepted or denied).

Please add whatever info you can in this thread.

I will kick it off:

Akron: Accepted via phone call and email in mid november.

Please add what you can! If we know what method to expect, the wait will be easier!

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Method of Acceptance Database
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 03:07:39 PM »
You know, everybody could just post this on LSN, but just to play fair:

Washburn--letter dated Nov. 23rd.  Received via snail-mail over Thanksgiving holiday.  I called and they said that scholarship decisions typically go out 2-3 weeks after acceptance letters.

U of Akron--also via phone and email.  On Nov. 22nd.  Kind of expected a follow-up via snail mail and haven't gotten one yet.  Oh well.  Scholarship $$ done in February.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

bataviaSam

• AOL Instant Messenger - bataviaSam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 03:45:36 PM »
Akron: Via phone in early November.

Kentucky: Via letter, dated November 24.

BigTex

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 04:04:59 PM »
Michigan: Acceptance via mail. Lots of handwritten notes on the acceptance letter (much like the invitation to apply). Kinda large package. Package had a strange, unwieldy, see-though blue folder. I tried my best to use it, but it is just so darn non-functional. Package contained supplementary info on students with disabilities, financial aid, acceptance return form, CD-ROM with info on UM, and a link to the accepted students website.

Oklahoma: Acceptance via mail. Small envelope containing just a cover letter and acceptance return form. Given a VERY near date by which I had to accept the offer.

Texas: Received HOLD notification via email and status website.

Lulu

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 04:08:55 PM »
Michigan: what BigTex said, except I also got an email follow up about a week after my letter arrived to make sure I'd gotten it. Not sure if the email was supposed to come before or after the letter...(it said if I hadn't gotten their letter in a week from the email, to call the office)

GULC (FT EA): regular sized business cream envelope with just a letter (with a handwritten note about how much he liked my statements and that they hoped I'd go to GULC where they share my commitment to service) and a sheet with accepted students reception dates. Kind of wish they'd sent more info...Michigan's package was fun!

BigTex

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 04:21:40 PM »
Lulu - think you'll be going to UM?

Lulu

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 04:28:49 PM »
Tex, I think I'm pretty much set on going there. I still have tons of pending apps, but I'm thrilled with my Mich acceptance, and it seems like it will be my best offer (it's a small miracle I even got in so soon). Since I don't have a family to worry about like you do, I can afford to wait a bit longer to decide and compare financial aid offers, but I doubt they'll be that different. Don't know how I feel about the cold though  :)

buster

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 04:31:19 PM »
Boalt -- phone call and email

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 04:45:27 PM »
i have a feeling i'm about to annoy people still waiting...

boalt (accepted) - phone call from the dean, said will send the packet in mid-jan.

gtown (accepted) - rec'd a letter in a creamish thin #10 envelope, two pages, cute little note about my "impressive" academic record, esp in light of my activities.

michigan (accepted) - same packet as already described, no e-mail yet.  lexy got the e-mail about a week after acceptance.

duke (accepted) - e-mail from the dean, said packet went out that day too.  this was tuesday, so i'll prob get the packet today or tomorrow.

USC (accepted) - fat packet in the mail, had a folder type thing with letter and info about visiting, financial aid info, a response form, and an alumni newsletter.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

BigTex

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »
Univ. of Houston: email (w/ more to come as mentioned in email)