Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Responses from schools.  (Read 16057 times)

clever1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Responses from schools.
« on: December 26, 2002, 11:27:03 AM »
has anyone recieved responses from any school yet?  no matter what the decision.  if so, from what school and when did you turn in your application?

Mss

Re: Responses from schools.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 08:01:24 AM »
I was denied at Georgetown, Cornell and Deferred @ Washington & Lee!  3.5, 158, Ivy Grad Student

W. Allen

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 11:31:05 AM »
So far I have been accepted to six schools (Georgetown, Northwestern, W&L, U. San Diego, NYU & George Washington).  I applied early action to three of the schools and completed all of my apps by the first week in November.  I'm still waiting to hear from six schools. ;D

dan

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 02:15:19 PM »
what were your numbers?  those is an impressive group of schools you got into.

w. allen

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 03:06:56 AM »
Not great; 3.3 u/grad, 3.5grad/ 162 LSAT, but I worked for six years as a cop while getting my masters and had a strong upward trend after my freshman year.

w. allen

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 03:10:26 AM »
Not great. 3.3 u/grad, 3.5grad/ and 162 LSAT, but I worked for six years as a cop and worked full time while getting my masters and had a strong upward trend after my freshman year.

Mss

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2003, 07:33:06 AM »
Thats awesome!  It goes to show you what four points on the LSAT will do for you!  Do you know where you will go or still waiting on more?  All the best!!!

w._allen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2003, 08:20:16 AM »
Georgetown is presently my first choice.  My fiance has family in DC and my grad degree is in public policy.  I'm still waiting to hear from Harvard and Columbia, but I think both are outside of my range.  Even if I got in to HLS I would probably still pick Georgetown.  I feel bad enough dragging my fiance out of LA, so the least I can do is pick a location where she has a few people that she knows.  She also has a grad degree in public policy, so DC is a better market for us.  It would be a hard choice though.  Thanks for the kind words.  Good luck on the rest of your choices.  I think it sucks that so much depends on one day of testing.

Pun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 07:09:32 AM »
Eh Allen, good luck with what ever you decide.

ingeborg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 06:11:38 PM »
I was waitlisted (priority-oooh la la) at Boston College (3.6/164, worked for 2 years in IT).  Its the first school out of 7 that I've heard from and I'm a little nervous.  (Nervous enough to be in this chat room looking for encouragement). If I'm accepted, I'd love to go to UCLA, but I'm starting to look at my safety schools more seriously.  

Good luck to the rest of you!