Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOALT!!!  (Read 13063 times)

buster

Re: BOALT!!!
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2004, 04:40:48 PM »
Damn, I really wish I had gotten to the phone in time (he only let it ring twice).

..."we'll fly you up"...

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2004, 04:41:24 PM »
I thought Seattle was the best place in the world to live (I still sort of do

The only people who live in Seattle are baristas, musicians, junkies, programers, tweakers and crackheads.  Most are a combination of several of these.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

GoHuskies05

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2004, 05:06:24 PM »

The only people who live in Seattle are baristas, musicians, junkies, programers, tweakers and crackheads.  Most are a combination of several of these.

Did you mean this a complement regarding the eccentric nature of the great city of Seattle?  If you didn't, I will be forced to kill you, as I don't allow people to mock my former home.   

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2004, 05:10:30 PM »

Did you mean this a complement regarding the eccentric nature of the great city of Seattle?  If you didn't, I will be forced to kill you, as I don't allow people to mock my former home.   

I speak from first hand experience.
Oh, and I forgot about the hippies and the Alaskans.  Those two deserve their own special catagory.

GoHuskies05

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2004, 05:25:20 PM »

I speak from first hand experience.
Oh, and I forgot about the hippies and the Alaskans.  Those two deserve their own special catagory.

What about the Hawaiians, and the preppy Eastsiders who live in Belltown and Capitol Hill?  I don't think the necessarily fit into any of your categories.  What about the rich white folk living in Madison Park and Leschi who get up in the morning and go biking or sailing on their yacht.

"I speak from experience"

I never said you didn't.  Why are you arguing with yourself?   

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2004, 05:35:01 PM »
Those in Belltown are junkies, musicians and crackheads.  Those in Cap Hill are junkies, baristas and tweakers.  Those in Madison Park, Leschi, Queen Anne and Madrona are programers, musicians and junkies.

I don't argue with myself.

What about the Hawaiians, and the preppy Eastsiders who live in Belltown and Capitol Hill?  I don't think the necessarily fit into any of your categories.  What about the rich white folk living in Madison Park and Leschi who get up in the morning and go biking or sailing on their yacht.

"I speak from experience"

I never said you didn't.  Why are you arguing with yourself?   

RaulJulias

• AOL Instant Messenger - seankeysd
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2004, 07:33:51 PM »
congrats to everyone who got in, just received my email today - things are looking good.  i was completed 11/30.  gpa - 3.72, lsat - 169 average (163 and 175).  i'm so freaking stoked right now, stanford and berkeley were my number one and two choices, so i couldn't really be any happier right now.  Good luck everyone!

vmersich

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2004, 08:20:30 PM »
Pookie:
WTF? I missed you getting into Duke and GULC.  I only knew of UM and USC and (yesterday) Boalt.  You are on a godbedamned roll here, aren't you?  In the words of Barney, I find this superdeeduper.

I hope I get my app considered at UM the same day everyone calls them and say "omigod thanks but no thanks you guys are sweet tho, bye later"

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2004, 08:27:12 PM »
thanks, viva!  gulc snuck up on me.  wasn't expecting it, was excited to go home and celebrate about boalt, and there was the letter, innocently hanging out in my mailbox.  and duke came via e-mail tuesday.  totally on a roll, but i sense it's coming to an end.  or rather, a pause.  only one more EA app, at penn.  NYU, columbia, and chicago probably won't even start with regular (non EA/ED) apps until january, UCLA *just* requested my report today, and i'm not strong enough at the top 3 to hear good news too soon.  if i get any news early, it'll probably be bad.  am uber-excited about the possibility of studying with ruskiegirl and my old roommie next year!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2004, 08:30:17 AM »
Congrats to the BOALT crew!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK