Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOALT!!!  (Read 13181 times)

buster

Re: BOALT!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2004, 10:09:27 AM »
I Am Going To Give You Such A Spanking

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2004, 10:10:03 AM »
I already said congrats to Pookie, but congrats to you too buster!

You guys both totally deserve it!
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2004, 10:15:13 AM »

Does Boalt know this?  Or for that matter, does Mrs. Buster?  I am not sure she'd approve of you putting the strong hand down on strange young girls.

I think he meant: I Am Going To Gag Your Silly Ass Sister.

And hands off my sis...she's not interested in THAT festish, either!  :D

buster

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2004, 10:25:37 AM »
As for Boalt, the application did not ask about spankings. As for Mrs. Buster...how strange and how young? I am allowed to dish out spankings within certain parameters.  ;)

(I guess you thought she wouldn't mind the fish oil, though?  :P)

Does Boalt know this?  Or for that matter, does Mrs. Buster?  I am not sure she'd approve of you putting the strong hand down on strange young girls.

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2004, 10:40:55 AM »
S,D...YCMTFU.  :D :D :D

As for Boalt, the application did not ask about spankings. As for Mrs. Buster...how strange and how young? I am allowed to dish out spankings within certain parameters.  ;)

(I guess you thought she wouldn't mind the fish oil, though?  :P)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2004, 03:16:06 PM »
Did you ever get a application complete notice?  They still haven't told me I'm complete and I applied on 10/12.

Engilaw

i believe i got an e-mail, on 11/17.  if you sort on LSN by complete date, there's a ton of 11/17's.  maybe they do them in bulk?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

cutcut

• Sr. Citizen
  • I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2004, 03:23:30 PM »
Pookie/Buster, did you get a sense that you were admitted by the dean without going to committee?
[insert clever quote here]
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=cutcut

GoHuskies05

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2004, 04:04:17 PM »
thank you, all!  i *really* appreciate the love and congrats, because i know how totally psyched i am for other people when they get in places too, regulars and newbies alike.

Congrats!  Boalt is a huge deal.  So Boalt is ahead of MICHIGAN for sure due to location?  How come you're so set on Cali, just out of curiosity?

it's not for sure, but the location is important since i want to practice in CA.  i've lived in socal my entire life, and i LOVE it here, my family is all here, my bf and his family is all here, and (without having lived anywhere else) i really think it's the best place to live.  it all depends on the person, of course, but this is my true home.

i'm also thinking boalt's grading policy makes an academic environment that is the best for my personality.  i don't like having competition between students, though i compete with myself, so having "high pass" will still keep me motivated.

it's too early for me to completely rule out schools, because a lot can change in the next 5 months, including an engagement, which might entice me to stay (though i think it would mostly just entice me to stay in-state, rather than in LA).  much to think about in the next several months...

Hi, I just saw this.  Those are some good reasons to stay around.  I remember when I graduated undergrad, I thought Seattle was the best place in the world to live (I still sort of do), but I moved to the East Coast anyway (for school and work), and have really cherished the experience to live in a different part of the country.  I'm definitely not giving you any advice as I have no idea the intricacies of your situation.  Simply saying that if and when you're accepted to Columbia, that would be a pretty sweet opportunity, in my opinion.  I also think U of Chicago would be a great experience.  I'm so sick of everyone bashing Hyde Park.  I think everyone is just scared for some reason.  Hyde Park is the type of place where the person you thought was a drug dealer turns out to be a doctor (he's wearing the beanie because it's cold) and they end up having you over for Ethiopian cuisine.  Remember Senator elect Barack Obama (although Kenyan and not Ethiopian) lives in Hyde Park.  Point is, you can't know if you don't live it and experience it. 

Anyway, I'm rambling.  Congrats again.

buster

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2004, 04:11:49 PM »
Just saw this, sorry...

I missed the call from the Director of Admissions. The email did not give any particular impression on that topic.

Pookie/Buster, did you get a sense that you were admitted by the dean without going to committee?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2004, 04:37:49 PM »

i got a sense that i was accepted, and that was it  :D  it was literally a one-minute phone conversation (1:02 or something, on my cell phone).  doesn't even qualify as a convo, almost "you're in" "yay!" "we'll fly you up" "double yay!" "have a nice day" "oh, i will!"

huskie, i have some reasons for staying, but nothing so strong that i wouldn't consider leaving.  obviously i'm considering it, since i applied to non-CA schools.  i'd love to live somewhere else for a while just to experience something different, but i also want to go to the best school for me, and for my career path of staying in socal.  anyway, we'll see what happens.  there is much to be determined yet, from the rest of my decisions to financial aid to the status of my relationship (i.e., if i get engaged, i'm more likely to stay in CA, though i'm fine living in norcal with the bf/fiance in LA; an hour flight is easily doable).  i'm open to input anytime though.  people bring up concerns that i hadn't even thought of, or had forgotten.  i need to write all this stuff down so i know what to look for when i'm learning more about these schools.

i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?