Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anybody with low/average numbers been accepted?  (Read 6238 times)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: anybody with low/average numbers been accepted?
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 10:22:45 PM »
hey auburn, you applied to Wake?  I have the same exact gpa/lsat as you and was considering it.  Do you know the % on getting in?
  All i know is that its not worth the app fee! I am expecting my reject letter any day now!
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 10:23:40 PM »
My GSU status check says I'm complete...does anyone know when they start making decisions?
mine says ready for review, but i didnt get an email or anything
158, 3.3
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

mattbulldawg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 08:07:42 AM »
My online status at GSU says it is still waiting to receive information from LSADS (specifically LOR and Transcript).  According to their website they don't begin making decisions until Jan 1.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 11:32:40 AM »
My online-status at Univ. of Houston changed from "Complete" to "Under Review - Your decision will be made in December
Big Tex
When did you send in you app for UofH? My status still says"Application received you will be notified if anything is missing" I submitted it on 9/13 and was received/complete  on 10/4 .I applied EA. WTF over? Why hasn't my status changed?
Auburn Girl
I have not heard anything from South Texas either and I applied for spring admission. I think I will call them today, I just don't want to annoy them!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

BigTex

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 11:36:47 AM »
BlakeAggie - my UH app was probably the VERY first one they received. I transmitted it through LSAC the INSTANT i could do so (seriously, got up around 12:30 a.m. on 9/8/04 to click the 'transmit' button - 9/8/04 was the first day UH would accept LSAC transmitted apps). So, your status should change shortly.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 12:06:12 PM »
Thanks Big Tex! Too damn funny man staying up to submit it. I thought i was quick sending it 9/13! I really don't think I have much chance at UofH, but I am just ready to hear from someone! Good Luck with the rest of your apps!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 05:55:43 PM »
If the law school is anything like some of their masters programs, they won't tell you you've been accepted until after classes have begun  ::) ::) That's what happened to me.
Clearly I am not a big fan of my school.

My online status at GSU says it is still waiting to receive information from LSADS (specifically LOR and Transcript).  According to their website they don't begin making decisions until Jan 1.

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 05:59:48 PM »
Thanks val! just noticed your post!  :D
158, 3.3

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 10:50:29 AM »
auburn I got accepted with 3.3/159 to Suffolk... we are just about on the same page... you apply to any schools with their numbers?
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

TLFKARG

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 09:24:48 PM »
hey auburn, you applied to Wake?  I have the same exact gpa/lsat as you and was considering it.  Do you know the % on getting in?
I got waitlisted at Wake last year with a 157/3.9 and never heard from them again.  I heard taht the year before they didn't take anyone off the waitlist and I suspect they didn't the year I applied either.

AuburnChick, I probably told you this already, but you should apply to Boalt.  They are the most numbers-lenient T14.

BTW, are you excited about the bloodbath your team's gonna give my boys tomorrow?  My poor kids.  I hope you kill us though, because Auburn is the best team in the country and I don't want to see them get screwed out of playing for the title.