Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Am I a Duke Reject?  (Read 2701 times)

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Am I a Duke Reject?
« on: December 01, 2004, 01:23:24 PM »
I emailed Duke this week to check my application status.  I was told I should have received an email stating my file was complete AND that a decision had been mailed.  I didn't get the 'Congratulations' email our fellow LSDers got this week - I'm thinking this means a rejection is on the way.  Any thoughts?
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Am I a Duke Reject?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 01:27:19 PM »
I just replied to your post on the Acceptance board.

I'm thinking if they don't send an email saying, "congrats, you got in" then the decision letter is either a "hold" to put you in the regular app pool, or a rejection.

I probably have one of those letters coming as well.

BigTex

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:23:48 PM »
never underestimate the ability of the admissions office to be disorganized and mess things up. Maybe they just forgot to send you the email. You will know shortly. Either way, it must be exciting to know a decision is on the way.

ariom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 08:00:33 PM »
Well Duke doesn't reject early action, only defer.  Though, I sent a status check email yesterday (am I complete, did I qualify for early action) and they simply replied yes to both and that I would hear by December 31st. Maybe the "decision" thing means you have a better shot, unless they consider deferrment a decision.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 10:04:26 PM »
Yeah, I think the email was intentionally vague.  Although, if they already sent out acceptances by email, it surprises me that they wouldn't have just told me I was accepted in the email (unless, of course, I was deferred)  I guess I'll have to suffer the wait until the mail arrives.  Too bad i live in Timbuktu (sp?) and it'll take a few days...
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago

Lulu

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 12:06:47 AM »
Also Jen, I just thought of another possibility-- maybe they have more than one batch of emails, because I know some of us Michigan acceptees got an email followup before others (i.e. I got mine yesterday but my package got here 11/20)...

writter

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 01:51:00 AM »
if you don't have at least a 167 then you are likely a reject.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 03:09:55 PM »
disregard - they had the wrong email address on file (even though it was correct on my application)