Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 1350 times)

DC Duck

What do you do?
« on: December 01, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
What do you all do to pass the time while you're waiting to find out what school you'll be going to?  It's only Dec. 1'st...and I may not make it.

buster

Re: What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 11:31:10 AM »
mostly I think about rubbing fish oil on ReindeerS

DC Duck

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 11:31:59 AM »
Who doesn't?  I meant, besides that.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »
you post incessantly on LSD, obsessing about whether you'll get in and going over endless hypotheticals in your head.  "what if i get into harvard with no aid, but i also get a scholarship from columbia?  what if the choice comes down to michigan and penn?  what if i get a full ride at USC, or have to pay my full way at NYU?  what if they run out of blueberry bagels at the store and i have to choose between cinnamon raisin and sun-dried tomato?"
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 02:11:52 PM »
what if they run out of blueberry bagels at the store and i have to choose between cinnamon raisin and sun-dried tomato?"

Cinnamon raisin all the way... yum yum, w/ some cheesecake flavored cream cheese  ;D
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

GULCbound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 02:15:08 PM »
i would pick sundried tomato because it is highly compatible with a wide array of flavored cream cheeses and spreads, salty and sweet, whereas cinnamon raisin only meshes well with sweet ones like jam and plain c-cheese and butter... and apparently some rare and exotic cream cheese flavor called "cheesecake."
LSAT: 171 / UGPA: 3.43

Accepted: Georgetown ED, Northwestern, Boston College
Denied: None
Applied but Withdrew: BU, Duke, UPenn, UVA, American, GW

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 02:16:19 PM »
what if i eat the bagels plain, and that's why i get the flavored ones in the first place, so i don't have to put cream cheese on them?  i hate biting into a cream-cheesed bagel, cuz it gets all between your teeth.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 02:19:10 PM »
I'm a big fan of the sun-dried tomato, but I wouldn't have ordered blueberry in the first place.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

GULCbound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »
I like whole-wheat everything bagels... since they have "everything" you are actually avoiding making a real decision (although they don't have raisins).

If you don't eat them with cream cheese, then I would get the sun-dried... I don't like sweet bagels... blech.
LSAT: 171 / UGPA: 3.43

Accepted: Georgetown ED, Northwestern, Boston College
Denied: None
Applied but Withdrew: BU, Duke, UPenn, UVA, American, GW

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 02:30:51 PM »
i get blueberry because of the sweetness.

actually, we get free bagels at work on MWF.  i do put cream cheese on them, but that's because i can sit at my desk and tear off my bites, without having to bite INTO the bagel.

we get an assortment of bagels, but only plain cream cheese.  my default is blueberry bagel, but if we run out of that, i take the cinnamon raisin.  one day i didn't look carefully enough and thought the sun-dried tomatoes were raisins.  i prepped my bagel, took it back to my desk, had my first piece, and nearly puked.  it didn't taste all that bad, but relative to what i was EXPECTING (sweet raisins), it was putrid.