Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need help do I have any chance at any law school in the New York ...  (Read 2287 times)

katestorm

• View Profile
Do I have any chance at any NY area school with a 3.4 and a 145... Please help I have applied to St. Johns, Pace, Hofstra, Touro, CUNY, Brooklyn, Cardozo,  and NY Law School.
  Do I have any chance at any of these schools?  I applied ED at Hofstra.

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I need help do I have any chance at any law school in the New York ...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:32:31 AM »
Have you thought about taking the LSAT again?
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

katestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 09:40:29 AM »
I am suppose to on Sat. but I am sick.  I was sick when I took it the last time, so I am scared.  I will probably retake the test, but I just want to know if I do horrible again do I have a chance anywhere....

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 09:48:28 AM »
What are you scoring on practice tests?  If you can get in the mid 150's, you'd have a much better chance...

That said, I wouldn't count out Hofstra.  It also depends on how set you are at being in the city-there are other schools in NY state:  SUNY, Albany, Syracuse.  You've also got a decent chance at Widener in Pennsylvania, and a lot of Widener students take the NY bar.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.

DC Duck

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 09:49:53 AM »
Of course you have a chance.  Are you normally a good test taker?  It may be too late but you can always discuss in your PS about any difficulties you had with the test, then focus on your strengths.

katestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 09:51:42 AM »
I was scoring higher on the practice, but when I am taking the test I am frozen.. I don't know what is wrong with me.  SO you are saying no chance at the schools I applied?  I am set on staying in NYC. I do not want to go out of state or even upstate.  SO no chance at the schools that I applied, huh?

katestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 09:54:55 AM »
Usually before this whole LSAT thing started I thought I was a good test taker, but I guess not.  I have always wanted to go to law school since I was 5, and I have the work exp.  I have been working in in a law office for the past 3 years.  But  I am starting to lose hope. 

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 10:01:14 AM »
I wouldn't say no chance...there's always a chance.  The ABA guide gives you a 20-40% chance at Touro, but you have a less than 25% chance at the other schools.  Are you a URM?  Because that matters too.

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
  • soon to be St John's 1L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 10:01:55 AM »
i really don't see any chance at cardozo, st johns or brooklyn, i don't know much about Pace, and hofstra and ny law have numbers higher than yours, i would try to take the lsat again if u can, just trying to give u a realistic view, you never know what can happen during the admissions process though, good luck!
3.67 159/164
and.......the admissions process is over! yay!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=naomi288

katestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 10:03:10 AM »
Whats a URM?