Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Choose my schools  (Read 309 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Choose my schools
« on: December 01, 2004, 03:15:46 AM »
Hey,

I have a 3.6 at a state school in a genetics/political science double major. I have good WE and a 162 on the LSAT. I have no idea where I should apply for either this year or next year... I've been looking at Vandy and Emory, but my numbers prolly aren't high enough. So... where do you guys think I should apply? I need a few suggestions, and geography makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

kernelgt

Re: Choose my schools
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 03:25:23 AM »
I think you should look at the lower end of T1 schools and T2 schools for your targets.  But Vandy and Emory (especially Emory) are, IMO, very reasonable reach schools for you.  Make sure your PS and resume look great and apply.  Good luck.

kernelgt

Re: Choose my schools
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 03:34:17 AM »
One other note:  I think that you have a really great shot at getting accepted to almost any regionally recognized school; therefore, geography should matter to you because those schools typically tend to place best in that region.  i.e., where do you want (or think you might want) to end up after law school?

For example, I'd say you'd have no problem with a 3.6/162 getting into U Tenn - Knoxville, which is ranked (if you care about the rankings) by USN at #53.  You're well above the 75% for LSAT at that school and definitely in the top half for GPA. 

That's just one example, but there's tons of schools like that that you should have no problem gaining acceptance.  But if you go to U Tenn, you probably won't find much luck getting the best law job in Seattle, etc...

HTH