Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bowl Projections and Picks  (Read 5702 times)

TLFKARG

Re: Bowl Projections and Picks
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2005, 12:56:51 PM »
cal was much better when they played USC; their recievers were essential
Cal got exposed for the first time when they played MSU. Then they wanted to whine about not going to the Sugar Bowl.  Teams that get screwed and end up at a worse bowl than they deserve are matched up with a much weaker opponent.  If Cal was as good as they say, there's no reason why it should not have blown out Texas Tech, receivers or not.

Tennessee played its bowl game with a 3rd string QB and without a number of key players (namely Munoz and Simon), but they brought Texas A&M to their knees.

TLFKARG

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2005, 01:22:02 PM »
Any takers for this evening's game scores?

My picks:

Sugar: Auburn by 10
Orange: Oklahoma by 14+

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2005, 02:16:37 PM »
WHAT??? USC is going to stomp a mudhole in OU.  can you believe that guy from OU calling SC's offense 'average'?  what a homer.  our boys are gong to be fired up with that kind of disrespect coming from the okies.  remember whan the hicks from iowa were talking all that yang before the orage bowl two years ago???  Iowa got snapped. GO SC! FIGHT ON! UOUOOOOOOO UOUOOOOOO UOUOOOOOOOO UOUOOOOOO!
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2005, 06:06:16 AM »
Why does the Orange bowl have to screw with me like it does?
On the one hand, I would like nothing more than for SC to get its a_s handed to them by OU. On the other hand, I would like to see some sort of redemption of west coast football (I know that the PAC-10 has stunk this year, but there is a matter of pride) and I don't really like OU.
I think that OU is going to win and I am going to spend the night alternating between "F-ck $C" and lamenting the crappiness of the pac-10 this bowl season.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2005, 06:50:37 PM »
what ever you say bruin boy

either way auburn does not deserve a share of the title.  if you watched that game VT blew an easy td catch, easy td throw on a different posession and an easy fg.  final score 16-13   is not imperssive
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2005, 07:09:44 PM »
Well there's something we can agree on. I was not at all impressed with auburn last night. Any team finishing 13-0 deserves respect, but their coach declaring the team natl champions after sqeaking past tech. Please! They will end up as the #2 team in the country, which is nothing to be ashamed of, esp considering last yr. and where they started the season.

If the auburn community wants someone to female dog at for not having a shot at the title with a 13-0 record, female dog at the univ. president or the SEC comish for supporting the BCS, not the poll voters.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2005, 08:07:22 PM »
ok ruskie I deserved it. That was the second worst game A&M had this year. Congrats to your Vols that Clausen kid looked good. Got a bright future for yalls program that is for sure! I wish the Aggies would have played up to there potential though it would have been a much better game. Even at there best though I don't think they could have overcame the speed Ten. defense had. There is always next year!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

TLFKARG

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2005, 08:14:18 PM »
ok ruskie I deserved it. That was the second worst game A&M had this year. Congrats to your Vols that Clausen kid looked good. Got a bright future for yalls program that is for sure! I wish the Aggies would have played up to there potential though it would have been a much better game. Even at there best though I don't think they could have overcame the speed Ten. defense had. There is always next year!

Clausen is our 3rd string QB.  His only bright future at UT is on the bench, when our two true freshmen recover from their injuries.  But, thank you for the congrats.

Honestly, I think the Aggies will have a season to remember next year.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2005, 08:16:37 PM »
There is no way that OU will let USC get both the Heisman Award and the National Championship in the same year!!!

Oklahoma wins by 10!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2005, 09:37:39 PM »
I realize it's early, but USC is rockin' OU  >:( Am I the only one watching this sh*t!!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!