Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bowl Projections and Picks  (Read 5579 times)

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Bowl Projections and Picks
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2004, 09:50:16 PM »
Here comes the cotton baby!
Beat The Hell Out of Tennessee! Whoop! Ruskie's Vols are going down.
Gig Em Aggies!
Sorry I am just so stoked we are headed for cotton, Man what a great day. The only thing that would make it better is if I heard back from UofH or South Texas. I guess you can't have it all.
Maroonout are you going to the game? I am going to College Station in 2 weekends for graduation, my little brother is graduating. Have not been since the Oklahoma game. Dallas here I come Jan. 1st Whoop!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

TLFKARG

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2004, 05:33:12 AM »
The final BCS standing are in, and the BCS goes like this...

Orange: USC v. Oklahoma
Sugar:  Auburn v. VTech
Rose:   Michigan v. Texas
Fiesta: Utah v. Pittsburgh

Auburn and Cal got left out, but I'm glad to see a really good Texas team get a BCS bowl game, they are great every year and every year Oklahoma kicks their ass and messes up their BCS chances.
With the exception of the Auburn factor, I think that's a pretty decent outcome.

Hey Ruskie, are you ready to have your ass handed to you at the Cotton Bowl?

I'm not sure...I didn't realize that a real college football team was showing up to play.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2004, 02:02:06 PM »

Auburn and Cal got left out, but I'm glad to see a really good Texas team get a BCS bowl game, they are great every year and every year Oklahoma kicks their ass and messes up their BCS chances.

As you said, Oklahoma kicked Texas's ass! How exactly does being shut out by Oklahoma (on neutral ground) & barely beating Kansas and Arkansas merit vaulting over Cal, who lost a close, competitive game AT U$C and beat a bowl bound Southern Miss by double digits?
BTW: I agree that UT is a very good team that has been screwed by the BCS in the past, and I personally like them (seemingly half of my family are UT alumns), but I just don't think they deserved it over Cal this time.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

LawSchoolDreams3

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2004, 02:17:39 PM »

As you said, Oklahoma kicked Texas's ass! How exactly does being shut out by Oklahoma (on neutral ground) & barely beating Kansas and Arkansas merit vaulting over Cal, who lost a close, competitive game AT U$C and beat a bowl bound Southern Miss by double digits?
BTW: I agree that UT is a very good team that has been screwed by the BCS in the past, and I personally like them (seemingly half of my family are UT alumns), but I just don't think they deserved it over Cal this time.

I agree, I think Cal is the better team and deserved the Rose Bowl bid.  I would have rather seem Cal play Michigan.  I'm a huge fan of tradition and love seeing Pac-10/Big 10 in the Rose Bowl and now I think Michigan will get the Rose Bowl W, which makes me happy since I'm a big Michigan fan.  Still, Texas is a great team and deserves a shot, they are 10-1, including going 3-1 against top 25 teams.  Can't argue too much with that.

BigBadBo

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004, 01:31:05 AM »
Texas over Michigan is a no-brainer.  The Big Ten was almost weaker than the Big 12 North... (my version of trash talk)

However...  I am a bit worried about Michigan's passing game against the Texas secondary.

BigBadBo

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2004, 01:33:30 AM »
Btw - The BCS is the biggest piece of crap since Clear Pepsi.

Playoffs!  There needs to be a revolution.

*another prediction - Texas A&M beats up on Tenneessee in the Cotton Bowl

Big 12 South easily best conference in the nation - forget the North.

DanielN

• Sr. Citizen
  • who the hell is this? ... seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2004, 02:00:20 AM »
hey the north just had a down year we will be back

actually what am i talking about mizzou is screwed for ever

damn you pinkle, damn you quin
wow, this is kind of interesting i always wondered how you guys got things to show up on all your posts.

BigBadBo

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2004, 02:08:43 AM »
mizzou is done for...

but Kansas is on the rise - top 25 within two years.

blinkuldhc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blinkuldhc
    • View Profile
    • me
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2004, 02:21:52 AM »
Don't quite get all of this USC bashing. First of all, USC played Va Tech (BCS Bound), Cal (should have been in BCS) and ASU (Which torched Big 10 Co-Champs Iowa 44-7. True, they did struggle against some mediocre teams, but who hasn't? (Besides Utah).

Oklahoma played in a pretty weak conference, relative to previous Big 12 years. They gave up 70 points in two consecutive games to mediocre teams. Try to find any 3-game stretch for USC where they've allowed a combined 70 points. Yeah, so they beat UT. Is this the same UT that beat Kansas by a few points because of a blown PI call?

Auburn had a more impressive year, but they also played some cup cakes. The Citadel? You're not going to give yourself much credibility for the national championship of division 1 football by playing pedestrian 1AA teams. You think Reggie Bush looks fast against UCLA? How many touches do you think he would need against The Citadel to get 5 Tds? My guess is 6 or 7.

As for now, it's difficult to determine who really is number one. But you can't leave USC out of the national champ picture. THey rank top 6 in just about every major defensive category. As for the offense, they've two legitimate Heisman contenders, and they haven't scored under 20 pts in over two years. They also have the 2nd highest scoring offense among BCS conference. (Nod goes to Cal)

Honestly, I think Cal is the second best team in the nation, as much as I hate the Bears.

SCORE!: USD ($$$)
Broken beer goggles: W&M, Hastings, BC , WUstl
Liqouring up: Temple, Santa Clara, Loyola (LA)
C*ck blocked: Wisconsin
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=blinkuldhc

LawSchoolDreams3

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2004, 02:42:38 AM »
The Big Ten was almost weaker than the Big 12 North, thats the craziest thing I've ever heard.  The Big 10 may not have a great team his year, but they've got a lot of good teams, and a few of them, like Michigan, have been very good at times.  The North has nobody even worthy of Top 25 consdieration.

Lets face it, the North is going to be calling the South Daddy for at least a few years.  Kansas is the North's only hope, and thats not much to hold on to. 

Michigan beats Texas for two reasons

1.  Texas has a good D, but can't contain the Michigan recievers, Edwards will kill them.  When they drop back to stop the pass, Michigan runs it up their ass.  Texas isn't strong enough defensively to stop a balanced, athletic offense like Michigan.

2.  Vince Young is good, but he still has to wok on the passing.  Michigan has a good secondary anchored by Jackson and Shazor, they are good enoguh to allow Michigan to stack the box and stuff the run.  Texas will try to pass, but with Young still not being a good passer and the strong Michigan secondary, it won't work.. I am concerned about Michigan getting pressure, I think they will get pressure, but that'll force Young to scrambl, never a god thing for Michigan defenses.  Still, Michigan does enough defensively to contain the UT offense.  I hope.