Law School Discussion

All you who applying to Rutgers-Newark....

A226

• View Profile
Re: All you who applying to Rutgers-Newark....
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2004, 08:24:54 PM »
It was one of the last apps I filled out because of its length. 8 pages? 3 different grids for WE? Yikes.

This is exactly why I haven't finished the Rutgers app yet!!

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 03:00:11 PM »
sounds like good old rutgers efficiency to me!

I'll say... bastids still haven't mailed my transcript in yet!  Either that or LSDAS is just slow at letting me know they received it.

yeah i had them send mine is sept and they said it woudl take 10 days- it took almost a month for it to be processed.  nothing like 2 huge red tape loving organizations working together!

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 06:48:49 PM »

I'll say... bastids still haven't mailed my transcript in yet!  Either that or LSDAS is just slow at letting me know they received it.

Got RU Screwed? I know the feeling.

Haha.  Nah, I got an email today saying that LSAC received my transcript (FINALLY).  My guess is that it was LSAC's fault, since my LORs took a while, too.  Rutgers has been good to me so far, so I can't really complain  ;)

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 06:51:10 PM »

yeah i had them send mine is sept and they said it woudl take 10 days- it took almost a month for it to be processed.  nothing like 2 huge red tape loving organizations working together!

Yeah, but was there a hold on your transcript when you got there?  Apparently I had some unknown outstanding fee (odd, because I was able to register for classes).  Siiiiigh, gotta love it  ::)

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2004, 12:57:14 PM »
Yep. Hands down, the longest law school application I have ever seen.

I took a look at it yesterday as I was going through the last wave of schools I would be sending out this weekend. When I looked through Rutgers-Newark, I thought, @#!* that, I'm applying to Seton Hall.

Butch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 04:38:03 PM »
I'm finding their application difficult too.  Mostly b/c my academic career has been non-linear.  I've started up 3 different times, but hvae held full-time jobs nonstop for the past 10 years.  So, some of the time at one job i was in school and some of the time I wasn't. Does that go under "jobs since school" "summer jobs" "jobs during school"??  Who knows!  It's crazy.

Does anyone know what the max length is for the PS?  The application doesnt say, from what I see.

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 04:48:54 PM »
Yep. Hands down, the longest law school application I have ever seen.

I took a look at it yesterday as I was going through the last wave of schools I would be sending out this weekend. When I looked through Rutgers-Newark, I thought, #@!* that, I'm applying to Seton Hall.

My thoughts exactly!!

NYKnicks

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2004, 07:32:25 PM »
I'm finding their application difficult too.  Mostly b/c my academic career has been non-linear.  I've started up 3 different times, but hvae held full-time jobs nonstop for the past 10 years.  So, some of the time at one job i was in school and some of the time I wasn't. Does that go under "jobs since school" "summer jobs" "jobs during school"??  Who knows!  It's crazy.

Does anyone know what the max length is for the PS?  The application doesnt say, from what I see.

2-3 would be a safe bet.