Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cardoza?  (Read 1041 times)

MsCatch22

• View Profile
    • Email
Cardoza?
« on: April 14, 2004, 07:23:03 PM »
Has anyone heard from Cardoza?  What about scholarships?  Anyone getting lucky there?  I've been offered a full ride at SJU.  Waiting to hear from Brooklyn and Cardoza. 

(3.86/169)

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cardoza?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:52:45 PM »
i'd guess the only reason you haven't heard from them is because you don't know how to spell the name of the school.

with those numbers, you should definitely get a scholarship, if they still have money left. did you apply late in the cycle? i heard from them in early january, and i applied in mid/late november.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:58:34 PM »
I didn't apply, but they told me in no uncertain words that I would get a full scholarship if I had applied.  I suspect they should have money for you.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

blizzard of ozz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 03:07:22 PM »
Has anyone heard from Cardoza?  What about scholarships?  Anyone getting lucky there?  I've been offered a full ride at SJU.  Waiting to hear from Brooklyn and Cardoza. 

(3.86/169)

'Dozo's pretty friggin stingy this year. I got 25K/yr from SJU and 13.5k/yr from Brooklyn and zilch from 'Dozo. Your numbers are much better than mine, so your chances would obviously be better (if you applied around the same time as me, first week in January) and don't have any red flags in your app. But, honestly I haven't heard of anyone getting money from them. If you applied late, everything's back up in the air. They probably gave out most of their money in Jan. and Feb. already.

P.S. not to be a spelling whore but the school is "Cardozo"

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 04:10:44 PM »
I was accepted to Cardozo last Thursday, the 8th.  They actually called me on the phone to tell me, which was great. I have a 162/3.61.  No chance for scholarship money, which is too bad, because that pretty much makes it impossible for me to go there.  I have to agree with the comment above that if you haven't heard from them by now you probably won't be getting any money offers.  Not that I'm an expert.  In fact, don't listen to me because I know nothing about it.  Look into my pinwheel and I will erase the last 20 seconds of your memory.

-P.R.

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 04:31:16 PM »
i got a decent amount of money from cardozo. i won't give the exact amount though, since i'll be attending there.

falconred

• View Profile
    • FalconRed Goes to Law School
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 05:14:15 PM »
I was accepted and was offered money from Cardozo.  I had a lower LSAT and much lower GPA than you, so I wonder if you applied very late?  Or where did you go to undergrad?