Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone have "Decision" on their GULC online check yet??  (Read 8067 times)

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have "Decision" on their GULC online check yet??
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2004, 12:31:07 PM »
hehe,
I still go to some schools' sites to see if they added a online check recently.

http://<-- loosa
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

eileen2004

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2004, 12:55:52 PM »
I'm sick, I check like every hour knowing, full well, that it updates at a quarter to 5.

I stopped doing that a week or two ago because I got paranoid about checking it too often.  I didn't want a record of me logging in incessantly just in case they don't let crazy into law school.  I've been able to cut back to once or twice a day. 

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2004, 12:59:57 PM »
I'm sick, I check like every hour knowing, full well, that it updates at a quarter to 5.

I stopped doing that a week or two ago because I got paranoid about checking it too often.  I didn't want a record of me logging in incessantly just in case they don't let crazy into law school.  I've been able to cut back to once or twice a day. 

Crazy is encouraged in Law School... why else would we go  ;)
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2004, 01:38:01 PM »
Thought I'd throw myself in the mix.

My app. was complete on 11/18. Status check still reads "complete".

I still worry that they hate me for some reason, even though that's completely irrational at this point.

I hear you, mrs_malaprop. I feel the same way.  I know this is irrational since it looks like GULC is reviewing completes from 11/16 around now (per LSN) so there's still time.  But still...I'm sick to my stomach.

I may have done something stupid.  I only applied to three schools.  GULC is my first choice.  Since I submitted my app. early and applied EA, I figured I'd hear in late Nov. I didn't count on there being a screw up that prevented my file from going complete.  Originally, I'd planned to apply to more schools if I didn't get in, but I didn't want to waste the time and money if I could get accepted to GULC.  Now I'm not so sure I did the right thing.

Please send me an acceptance, GULC.  And do it quickly!
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2004, 02:25:43 PM »
I went Complete 11/9 and am still at complete :-\
My numbers are pretty much auto-reject, so I wish they'd just send me the damn letter already!!

I'm not too obsessed with the online status check--I figure what do I care when I go to decision if it doesn't actually tell me what the decision is!

I live in an apt. building in DC and so a mail truck comes and drops off a bin of mail for the building and then a mailperson comes later and puts all the mail in out boxes.  The thing is the mail gets dropped off at like 10am and the mail person doesn't come until like 3pm!!  I swear one of these days I'm gonna end up ripping open the box and going through the mail before the mail lady comes.  Wait, would that be a criminal record?  Cause then I'd have to add addendums yada yada and that would suck.  So I guess I'll just have to wait it out...

PS THIS f-ing SUCKS!  JUST MAIL US THE LETTERS ALREADY!

tapis24

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2004, 02:29:57 PM »
Went to "decision" either last night or today...dunno what to think. Doesn't seem like that many peoples have changed yet though

I went Complete 11/9 and am still at complete :-\
My numbers are pretty much auto-reject, so I wish they'd just send me the damn letter already!!

I'm not too obsessed with the online status check--I figure what do I care when I go to decision if it doesn't actually tell me what the decision is!

I live in an apt. building in DC and so a mail truck comes and drops off a bin of mail for the building and then a mailperson comes later and puts all the mail in out boxes.  The thing is the mail gets dropped off at like 10am and the mail person doesn't come until like 3pm!!  I swear one of these days I'm gonna end up ripping open the box and going through the mail before the mail lady comes.  Wait, would that be a criminal record?  Cause then I'd have to add addendums yada yada and that would suck.  So I guess I'll just have to wait it out...

PS THIS f-ing SUCKS!  JUST MAIL US THE LETTERS ALREADY!
3.75 / 165

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2004, 03:07:29 PM »
Just to add to the confusion, my online status reads "unavailable," as it has for about 2 weeks since I went complete (according to an email I got from them). Anyhow, I emailed them back a few days ago asking why ths was and if I was indeed being considered as an ED applicant, and got a terse reply back today:
-----------------------
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your message.

Your file is complete and being reviewed under the Early Decision admissions process.  A decision letter will be mailed no later that December 10.

Sincerely,

Chandra Holloway
Admissions Assistant
202-662-9010
-----------------------

Guess I"m glad to hear that, but makes me wonder what she was looking at... I wonder if she would have been chattier if she saw a positive decision on my record... yikes!
Looks like I"ll just have to wait another week.

:)

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2004, 03:15:38 PM »
she could be terse because she's spending 4 hours a day replying to emails from all of us OCD law school applicants...good luck!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2004, 03:28:54 PM »
miguel -

I wouldn't sweat it . Georgetown is pretty anal about not giving out accept/reject info over phone/email. While Andy C. himself has been known to send out not-so-cryptic messages to people whose acceptances are on the way (at least he did to people who got in off the wating list last year), that's his perogative because he's the boss. An assistant probably really can't tell you anything other than "your file is being considered under ED". They're also probably in a very busy period trying to get the ED/EA's out by 12/10, so it's probably not a great time to expect the warm fuzzies from them. Doesn't mean that you have anything to worry about.

Good luck to you!

Monkey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2004, 03:49:32 PM »
I wouldn't read into the tone, Miguel - this is a GULC template e-mail.  I received the identical e-mail myself, just this morning, in response to a similar inquiry.  (Unless you want to go the paranoid route and assume that means we're BOTH dinged.) ;)  But it's too soon to go there!

Just to add to the confusion, my online status reads "unavailable," as it has for about 2 weeks since I went complete (according to an email I got from them). Anyhow, I emailed them back a few days ago asking why ths was and if I was indeed being considered as an ED applicant, and got a terse reply back today:
-----------------------
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your message.

Your file is complete and being reviewed under the Early Decision admissions process.  A decision letter will be mailed no later that December 10.

Sincerely,

Chandra Holloway
Admissions Assistant
202-662-9010
-----------------------

Guess I"m glad to hear that, but makes me wonder what she was looking at... I wonder if she would have been chattier if she saw a positive decision on my record... yikes!
Looks like I"ll just have to wait another week.

:)
Attending: W&M