Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke  (Read 10166 times)

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Duke
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2004, 01:49:06 PM »
My stats are 3.92/168 with a 4.0 in a clinical psych grad program. 

Yonvan, I wonder whether joint applicants take longer in the process - I could see how that might slow the process down. 

Your stats are better than mine....I can't see why you wouldnt get in. Newy may be right in that you missed your email. I also think the fact that they said it has been mailed is really good because I don't think they send out rejection letters for a few weeks. Check LSN to see if there is a gap in time for accepts and rejects from last year.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2004, 01:50:17 PM »
thanks for the words of encouragement! i did see similar stats on LSN that were accepts.

newy,
i admit its a possibility that i just missed the email - but that sentence is so ambiguous i'm at a loss. it all comes down to whether the comma was intentionally or accidentally left out. i guess i'll have to wait for the letter...

AMB22,
good idea - i'll get right on it!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2004, 01:52:42 PM »
FYI: on LSN, no rejections last year until January, but it looks like some people got deferred in December
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2004, 01:56:36 PM »
FYI: on LSN, no rejections last year until January, but it looks like some people got deferred in December

I checked too, though I thought they had to send out some rejections in December for EA, unless they didnt have that last year. I can't imagine they defer any non accept just so they can tell you later (like I think they would tell a 3.0/155 EA applicant in Dec).

Either way, from what I can tell no school seems to send out rejections this early and at the same time as accepts. If you were rejected I think they would wait and mail it out Dec 15th. My guess is that you are in.

Yonvan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2004, 01:58:17 PM »
Jen,

Good detective work. That's comforting! Remember, we don't know that this was all of their EA accepts -- it could have only been the first batch.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2004, 02:02:41 PM »
jen, i agree with newy: it sounds like you missed the accepted e-mail.  it doesn't sound like they e-mailed anyone to say "congratulations!  we're holding your application in our regular pool." 

it's like michigan said in a follow-up e-mail (that i haven't gotten yet, but a little birdie named lexy told me), paraphrased: "just wanted to confirm that you received something in the mail from us last week.  can't say what it is, but let's just say we don't confirm receipt of bad news."
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Yonvan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2004, 02:16:29 PM »
It's kind of funny, because I seriously doubt that anyone on this board who has been accepted to any of Duke, Michigan or GULC (with the exception of some of the GULC PT folk) is going to end up there.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2004, 02:27:38 PM »
that really depends on factors yet unknown, but i agree that many of the accepts at those schools will also have other options higher up the T14

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2004, 02:29:24 PM »
It's kind of funny, because I seriously doubt that anyone on this board who has been accepted to any of Duke, Michigan or GULC (with the exception of some of the GULC PT folk) is going to end up there.

If you're not into biglaw, the QOL at Duke really can't be beat.  If I get in anywhere else, Duke will continue to be a definite consideration for me.

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2004, 02:32:14 PM »
Whys that? I kind of feel lucky to get into Duke and could very well end up there.