;

Author Topic: Duke  (Read 10043 times)

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Duke
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 01:19:11 PM »
Am I a Duke reject?  I emailed them to check my app. status and was told I "should have received an email stating my file was complete and a decision has been mailed" - does this mean I'm on the track that doesn't involve 'congratulations' in the subject?  (would they have divulged my acceptance status if I was in?)
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 01:26:08 PM »
If you applied EA, you may not be getting a rejection.  You may be getting a notice that they've decided to put a hold on your file, and bump you into the regular pool.

If you didn't get an email specifically telling you that you were accepted, then you probably weren't (yet, anyway).

And don't feel too bad, I didn't get an email either.  I almost hope there a ding coming my way, so I no longer have to harbor the slim hope that I may get in.  :)

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 01:29:09 PM »
Yeah, I think they only sent out EA acceptances so if you're not in that group don't worry. I also don't know if they sent out all the acceptance emails yet...my name is early alphabetically so maybe thats why I got an email already? Sometimes schools are just backed up so don't worry.

Am I a Duke reject?  I emailed them to check my app. status and was told I "should have received an email stating my file was complete and a decision has been mailed" - does this mean I'm on the track that doesn't involve 'congratulations' in the subject?  (would they have divulged my acceptance status if I was in?)

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 01:32:34 PM »
Yeah, I think they only sent out EA acceptances so if you're not in that group don't worry. I also don't know if they sent out all the acceptance emails yet...my name is early alphabetically so maybe thats why I got an email already? Sometimes schools are just backed up so don't worry.

As far as the name thing goes, I'm in the last 5% of the alphabet.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2004, 01:33:39 PM »
thanks for the help - to be honest, the not knowing is the worst part.  Good luck to everyone & congrats to those who are in!

As FYI, here is what the email said:

By now your should have received notification via email that your file is complete and a decision has been mailed.

Office of Admissions
Duke University School of Law
email:  admissions@law.duke.edu
web:  http://www.law.duke.edu
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago

Yonvan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 01:38:15 PM »
I'm really worried too, since I didn't get any notification either. I'm a joint degree (JD/MA) applicant though, and I wonder if that might affect anything. On the numbers (3.6/175) I thought I had a really good chance.

I've gotten into GULC already, but the fact that I haven't heard from Michigan or Duke yet is really bothering me.

Bearizzzle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2004, 01:39:03 PM »
Jen - woudl you mind sharing stats? if not, totally cool!

And don't worry...it's still so early!!
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious!

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2004, 01:40:41 PM »
My stats are 3.92/168 with a 4.0 in a clinical psych grad program. 

Yonvan, I wonder whether joint applicants take longer in the process - I could see how that might slow the process down. 

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2004, 01:42:52 PM »
thanks for the help - to be honest, the not knowing is the worst part.  Good luck to everyone & congrats to those who are in!

As FYI, here is what the email said:

By now your should have received notification via email that your file is complete and a decision has been mailed.

Office of Admissions
Duke University School of Law
email:  admissions@law.duke.edu
web:  http://www.law.duke.edu

This could totally be construed to mean that you just missed your acceptance email.

Bearizzzle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2004, 01:48:16 PM »
Jen - your stats are great! I would not be worried. It looks like several people with your stats have gotten in - lots of 168's, with gpa's lower than 3.9!!

Who knows if everyone gets that e-mail....don't worry yet!
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious!