Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke  (Read 9997 times)

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Duke
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2004, 11:19:04 AM »
Has anyone been accepted to Duke today?  Do they seem to send out the emails in batches on Mondays or throughout the week?

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2004, 11:30:03 AM »
^

The first batch came last Tuesday, so if they do batches by day of the week, the second wave of acceptees should start checking in tomorrow.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2004, 02:22:44 PM »
The actual packet/letter was dated five days ago, and showed up in my mailbox today. Thanks Tucson post office!

In any case, I've fallen madly in love with Duke. Their "Intellectuar Property Boom" section is awesome. It's right up my alley, and the Duke Law and Technology Review seems impressive; I'd definitely want in.

The other content in the package kicks ass too. Duke actually sent me a packet with an article about how far open source software can go. That may not sound cool to you, but it's a bit like sending crack to a junkie; they're only feeding my bad habit....

UPDATE: *And* an article on Protecting the Information Ecosystem. Color me impressed/addicted. It's now official: I won't get my reading for class done today, due to viewbook-y goodness.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

maricutie

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2004, 03:18:52 PM »
Somewhat anticlimatic since I just recieved my Stanford acceptance today, but just got my letter from Duke. Applied EA, 10/30, i think.

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2004, 03:42:53 PM »
Somewhat anticlimatic since I just recieved my Stanford acceptance today, but just got my letter from Duke. Applied EA, 10/30, i think.

Your day is just getting better and better.
Congratulations on this one too.
Anticlimatic or otherwise.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2004, 05:52:26 PM »
What a day! Congrats, maricutie!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK