Law School Discussion

Univ. of Michigan Campus Question

BigTex

Univ. of Michigan Campus Question
« on: November 29, 2004, 06:05:29 PM »
How far is it, exactly, from North Campus family housing area to the Quadrangle? 5 minute walk? 10 minute walk? Do you know the actual mileage distance? Can't seem to find the answers on the UM website.

Thanks.

Re: Univ. of Michigan Campus Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 06:50:15 AM »
It's a bit of a hike, but I know the bus runs every 10-20 minutes.  I don't know the mileage, but e-mail housing and ask: housing@umich.edu

BigTex

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 09:02:38 AM »
I got a nice PM of info on the subject. Apparently, 20 min bus ride + 10 min walk.

Gadzooooks! That's much longer than I expected!

Oh well, with family comes sacrifice. I'll envy all the single law students staying in the quadrangle. What convenience.

Dolcejn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 10:43:21 AM »
maybe, but I've heard those on-campus rooms have shared bathrooms and no kitches.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:18:04 AM »
Is family housing your only option?  You should be able to find an apartment/house to rent for approximately the same price, and that would give you far more options as to location.  I know that for what I pay to live on the law quad I could find a reasonably nice apartment - it would just be a little further away.

BigTex

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 11:42:06 AM »
Is family housing your only option?  You should be able to find an apartment/house to rent for approximately the same price, and that would give you far more options as to location.  I know that for what I pay to live on the law quad I could find a reasonably nice apartment - it would just be a little further away.

I'll definitely investigate that option when i visit in march. However, my wife would like the "instant community" available with the UM family housing. She knows she'll be in walking distance to a lot of others in her same situation: spouse uprooted from her job and plopped down in the middle of nowhere with a new child. The community support system of UM family housing is one of the main draws.