Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WHAT!?!?!!?  (Read 1968 times)

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WHAT!?!?!!?
« on: April 14, 2004, 03:48:56 PM »
i applied to syracuse in march-- early march and I have yet to hear back from then. They said priority deadline was april 15 i think. but do u think that the acceptance letters have been sent out as of yet? im figuring its a loss cause for me and I havent been accepted since deposits are due this month. wht do u guys think?

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT!?!?!!?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 03:52:29 PM »
Hang in there... Lots of schools haven't sent replies out yet. I'm waiting on 3 which is probably on the low side. A lot if people are waiting on 3,4,5, or more.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 03:55:06 PM »
Yes, don't worry.  No news is good news.  As frustrating as it is, at least you know you haven't been rejected!  That should give you some comfort.  This has been said in other threads, but most law schools are handling a large amount of applications this year.  So, it's no surprise that law schools are taking a longer time making a decision.

Goodluck to you! 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 03:56:54 PM »
I heard back from one school 1 1/2 weeks after submitting my app. I haven't heard from anyone else for well over a month. Just try to keep busy for the next couple of weeks and not think about it (yeah... right).
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 10:44:43 PM »
I have 2 apps out there submitted in NOVEMBER that I am still waiting to hear from.  I called a week ago and they said it would be sometime in May that they'd let me know.  There is just no rhyme or reason to any of it.

ccptexas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 04:20:09 PM »
i applied to bc in early november and hadn't heard, so i called two days ago and asked what was going on with my application.  they told me they had made a decision and sent a leet in early january.  oops.  must have missed that one.

bruiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 04:47:01 PM »
If you are admitted late in the game (because u applied late in the game) then your deadline for returning a deposit would be shifted back to give you a good reasonable amount of time to decide!!

Good luck!!

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 04:48:19 PM »
If you are admitted late in the game (because u applied late in the game) then your deadline for returning a deposit would be shifted back to give you a good reasonable amount of time to decide!!

Good luck!!

Not too much though... My deadlines are still 4/30 and I got accpetance letter this week.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164

scolomon

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 08:09:52 PM »
sending stuff out in early march isnt early at all. It isnt a surprise at all you havent heard yet.  You are probably really borderline, even as a good student since a lot of qualified people had their stuff in and got decisions before you even sent your stuff in
Shouldn't have waited so long

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 08:19:37 PM »
Yeah, early March is pretty late, even if their deadline was April 15. Keep in mind that this is a record year for law school applicants, so sending in your app as early as possible is even more critical now than it has been in the past. So yeah, you shouldn't be too surprised that you haven't heard from them. I'm waiting on applications that I sent in early to mid January, and others are still waiting on applications they sent in November!