Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: www.cleoscholars.org  (Read 4142 times)

Lexington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: www.cleoscholars.org
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »
For those that are (or will be) in the D.C. area, there's also the Charles Hamilton Houston Pre-law Institute.  Its also held at G-town and I believe its free or low cost.  I've got info if anyone's interested....
"I take summers off cuz I love winter beef..." NAS

inthesun

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2005, 11:17:06 AM »
You can add my name to the list of those going to Pittsburgh.  Can't wait to meet you all!

inthesun

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2005, 11:38:11 AM »
I was pumped when I saw that we get our own bedroom.  As for the A/C, I didn't know there were dorms anywhere without it!  I think I would die...I am someone who lives year round in a 77/78 degree house.  :)

I am pretty sure I will be flying to Pitt on the morning of the 5th.  What do people plan on bringing?  How do you plan on bringing it (shipping, etc)?  Not that this will be a fashion show, but 1.5 months of clothing is A LOT, even if you do plan to do laundry frequently.  Anyone bringing a laptop?  I don't have one...I was planning to wait until school started.  Maybe I won't.

One last thing, does anyone want to meet up before the events start to look around?  My information letter said that we will have time to do that. 

inthesun

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 12:23:49 AM »
Turns out that the earliest I can get into pittsburgh is at 3.  I am not sure how far the airport is from campus, but if that's not too late to meet up with everyone, you can count me in.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2005, 11:56:12 AM »
If you don't have the time or money for the six week summer program CLEO also offers a free Attitude is Essential workshop.  There will be two this summer: one in Atlanta and one in Los Angeles.  Participants will receive a stipend of up to $250 upon completion and will also be eligible for future scholarship consideration.  The application deadline is April 29, 2005.

http://www.cleoscholars.com/pre_law_programs/aie.cfm

Is anyone else going to this one? I think I'm headed for the LA one.

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »
If you don't have the time or money for the six week summer program CLEO also offers a free Attitude is Essential workshop.  There will be two this summer: one in Atlanta and one in Los Angeles.  Participants will receive a stipend of up to $250 upon completion and will also be eligible for future scholarship consideration.  The application deadline is April 29, 2005.

I'm going, but probably to the one in Atlanta.  They stated that they would send you to the forum closest to your permanent address, no?
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2005, 01:26:15 PM »
Yeah. Although Atlanta is probably closest to where I am now (Chicago), "home" is much closer to LA.

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2005, 01:37:35 PM »

Headed for LA. Just sent in my confirmation form today
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
I am taking all the shots I can.
In:NYLS, Touro
Out: St. Johns, Brooklyn, Hofstra (Damn, Damn, Damn!!!)

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005, 11:15:41 AM »
You fluckers are gonna love Pittsburgh.

midwest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2005, 10:26:38 PM »
So, how's the packing going?