Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GPA, LSAC, HELPPPP!!  (Read 844 times)

mcleod13

GPA, LSAC, HELPPPP!!
« on: November 28, 2004, 03:04:08 PM »
Ok everyone here is my dillema.
  I am in the process of getting my transcripts sent to LSAC and I am a little confused because I have received 32 credits for my military experience. How does that calculate into an LSAC GPA?
  I am attending a school that uses a standard a =4.0 scale with no plusses or minuses. Is this affected at all into an LSAC GPA? I have not retaken any classes.
  I received an F about 7 years ago when I first entered the military and was too overworked to even take a class but I did. Do you think that Law Schools will take this into consideration?
Help Please, I am getting a little worried.

wildcataz2004

Re: GPA, LSAC, HELPPPP!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 04:28:28 PM »
I would guess that since you just received credit for your military experience, that it would not get worked into your GPA. I have a similar situation- I received 18 college credits by exam for Spanish and Math- and these credits are on my transcripts, but they do not get calculated for the GPA...Now, unless your school actually gave you a letter grade for your experience- then I think think that LSDAS would calculate it into your GPA

mcleod13

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 07:51:02 PM »
Thanks, That is what I was hoping. Do you think that my F from 8 years ago will factor much into decisions. I know that it will factor into my GPA but how bad will it hurt me?

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:52:59 PM »
it shouldn't hurt you that much if the rest of your grades suggest it was probably an anomoly.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

mcleod13

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:56:16 PM »
GOOOD!!, What about the grading scale, I have never received any plusses or minuses. All we get are 4.0 A 3.0 B and so on. If that is the case should my GPA match LSAC's Version?

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 07:57:33 PM »
yes it should.  that's how it worked for me. 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 08:12:44 PM »
GOOOD!!, What about the grading scale, I have never received any plusses or minuses. All we get are 4.0 A 3.0 B and so on. If that is the case should my GPA match LSAC's Version?

Except LSAC will factor that F into it, so it wont match exactly.
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor