Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone taken powerscore courses in San Francisco?  (Read 211 times)

mazzy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I dont trust molecules.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - foolinevery1
    • View Profile
    • Email
anyone taken powerscore courses in San Francisco?
« on: November 28, 2004, 02:51:23 PM »
everyone says that the teachers are what matter, so i was wondering if anyone has taken courses in SF and had a good teacher.
also how do you find out who will be teaching the courses you are signing up for?
gpa: 3.6 (recalculated) 3.96 (degree granting university)

natural selection, it's only natural

christina

Re: anyone taken powerscore courses in San Francisco?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 03:14:29 PM »
everyone says that the teachers are what matter, so i was wondering if anyone has taken courses in SF and had a good teacher.
also how do you find out who will be teaching the courses you are signing up for?

My friend was in Berkeley, I think. She said the teacher was alright, except that he never attended law school, he just took the LSAT and scored ridiculously high. He might've taught the SF class too, I'm not sure.

I don't think there is a way you can find out who your teacher is, maybe you can try calling PS and ask.

mazzy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I dont trust molecules.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - foolinevery1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 04:39:31 PM »
she found the course helpful though?
as long as the teacher is not a crazy horror story like some i have read about on here i am ok!

its just a lot of money and i want to amke sure it is worth it before i fork over the cash
gpa: 3.6 (recalculated) 3.96 (degree granting university)

natural selection, it's only natural

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

I took Powerscore in Berkeley and found it to be a lot of help, in my case I feel that it was worth the money. We had a rather unusual circumstance in my class (3 teachers, long story) but the teaching, techniques... were good.
As far as teachers, I did not find out who was teaching until I showed up for the first class. I suppose you could contact powerscore if you want to find out, but it is not advertised.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.