Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Wisconsin!  (Read 2679 times)

louieleftwing

Re: In at Wisconsin!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 11:00:58 AM »
Maybe. I haven't been accepted yet, but I received something in October about applying for scholarships. Now that I think about it, that may have been a need-based application only.

Is that something different than what you're talking about? What is Wisconsin's procedure on merit-based aid?

Eyes of the World

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 11:11:07 AM »
Congrats! UW is a great school. My friend graduated from there a few years ago and he is now the Asst DA for Westchester County (N. NYC). Great town, lots of fun, Badgers, beer, cheese curds, snow, Uff-da! ENJOY!

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 11:22:17 AM »
Maybe. I haven't been accepted yet, but I received something in October about applying for scholarships. Now that I think about it, that may have been a need-based application only.

Is that something different than what you're talking about? What is Wisconsin's procedure on merit-based aid?

According to their viewbook/website, they'll send out a form for both scholarships and grants to all APPLICANTS after December 1st.   So, I don't know what you've received.  Hmmmmm, I may just shoot them an email.  I got accepted already, so I suppose I can bother them now without having to worry about "my chances."   ;)

Anybody else know anything about the forms?
Attending: Wisconsin

forkids

• Maddie baddie, boo-boo!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - January26
    • View Profile
    • Check out the numbers!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 11:25:37 AM »
I got the scholarship form in the mail on Friday.  I live in Madison, so i am sure it got to me more quickly than most.  They also said in the letter that they prefer the application electronically from their site somewhere.  Also-it is a supplementary form on LSACD.
Badger Law '08! :)

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 11:50:26 AM »
I got the scholarship form in the mail on Friday.  I live in Madison, so i am sure it got to me more quickly than most.  They also said in the letter that they prefer the application electronically from their site somewhere.  Also-it is a supplementary form on LSACD.

That's promising.  I'm in Los Angeles... so I get everything about a week later than everybody else.

Thanks!

ChristyBelle

• AOL Instant Messenger - Alaberi01
    • View Profile
    • My life, my offering
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2004, 03:05:44 PM »
Hey congratulations!!! :-) That's very exciting news. I'm finishing up my senior year of undergrad here at Wisconsin and it's really a great campus and a great community and city. Madison is such a great cultural center (unlike the rest of Wisconsin state). When you come, I highly recommend checking out all the many restaurants...I know the student budget is tight, but it's worth saving a few bucks here and there to check out the wide variety. Besides, you'll be a law school student in need of a treat every now and then.

I recommend the Sunroom Cafe on State Street for relatively inexpensive good food, Mickey's Dairy Bar on Monroe for breakfast (that's a Madison landmark; can't miss that), and Ian's Pizza on Frances St--where else can you find macaroni and cheese pizza? :-)

Good luck in law school at wisconsin, and again--congratulations!
Accepted: Georgetown, Harvard, Columbia
Pending: Michigan, Penn

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 09:59:56 AM »
Hey congratulations!!! :-) ... I'm finishing up my senior year of undergrad here at Wisconsin and it's really a great campus and a great community and city...

See... the good food thing is key.  I'm currently on the west coast, where I can get any sort of random cuisine I want.   ;)