Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who wants to be a pre-law advisor?  (Read 997 times)

TLFKARG

Who wants to be a pre-law advisor?
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:04:58 AM »
I was thinking about this the other day....I could do that....It could be really fun....@#!* the JD....Nah, just kidding.

But coming to Berkeley and seeing the pre-law resources available to undergrads here makes me realize just how little was available to me and my peers at UT.  We didn't have all these personal statement workshops and law school fora.  After realizing the comparative lack of resources, I am shocked that we all managed to go through the process fairly smoothly and a few of of got into some reputable schools. 

All this makes me think I want to give back to my UG and write a pre-law guide especially for my alma mater.

Have any of you thought about being a pre-law advisor?  Which LSD'er would make the best pre-law advisor?

Gatank

• View Profile
Re: Who wants to be a pre-law advisor?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 01:11:47 AM »
I would love to be a pre-law advisor!  My school is lacking in the pre-law resources as well.  The person who is the school's advisor has no interest in being it and tries to talk everyone out of going.  I always find myself going to Barnes & Noble to buy books about law school.  When you get out of law school, you should write a book about writing your ps, getting in, and getting through it! ;D

TLFKARG

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 01:13:39 AM »
I would love to be a pre-law advisor!  My school is lacking in the pre-law resources as well.  The person who is the school's advisor has no interest in being it and tries to talk everyone out of going.  I always find myself going to Barnes & Noble to buy books about law school.  When you get out of law school, you should write a book about writing your ps, getting in, and getting through it! ;D
The first time I even found out we had a pre-law advisor at all was when I got his name and office number on some obscure LSDAS document a few weeks before mailing off my applications.  Needless to say, he wasn't very proactive about his job.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 01:23:21 AM »
i didn't know we had a pre-law advisor until i registered for LSDAS either.  there were resources i should have taken advantage of (like participating more in the pre-law society), but i didn't.  oh well.  LSD is my pre-law advisor.   :-*
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

A.J

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 01:37:17 AM »
I do!

"No, @#!* no.  You dont want to go into law.  I dont think you are fit for legal study.  Do you even know what a T.T.T is?"

kristay

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 01:45:39 AM »
LOL.  I had no idea where to send my Dean's certifications and someone told me to ask my undergrad prelaw advisor.  My response: "Who?  I don't think I have one of those."  Of course, I did end up finding the name and number from LSDAS, but I wish I'd known I had one before I graduated from college.  Then again, if no one really knew that he even existed, how good could he be?

DOWNY

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 01:45:52 AM »
I do!

"No, @#!* no.  You dont want to go into law.  I dont think you are fit for legal study.  Do you even know what a T.T.T is?"

LOL

Gummo

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 02:17:22 AM »
UF has two prelaw advisors...they seem pretty worthless.  There's so much *&^% online, it seems like they wouldn't be necessary.  I think a handbook readily available would help, though.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 11:18:10 AM »
some good, some bad--just like some pretty, some not.