Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OT - Will someone please take responsiblity?  (Read 1612 times)

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Will someone please take responsiblity?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 01:51:11 PM »
i'll take your response to mean you haven't read the book, but that you spend all your time reading the freepers and drudge.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 01:55:05 PM »
i'll take your response to mean you haven't read the book, but that you spend all your time reading the freepers and drudge.

I acutally did try to read it at Borders. I wasn't going to pay for it. You don't need Drudge to tell you Clarke is lying. Did you hear the tape recording of him saying there was NO policy handed down from the Clinton administration? Maybe you believe his spin about having to make the person you work for look good. I think it's pretty tough to spin 180 degrees but that's what you can do when you have people like Bob Kerrey sitting on the 9/11 commission helping you out and acusing Fox of breaking some professional code... yeah, nice try Bob.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

jgruber

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 01:58:26 PM »
Did you hear the tape recording of him saying there was NO policy handed down from the Clinton administration?

So when he was working for the Bush administration he lied?   :)

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 02:01:51 PM »
I'm guessing you've never actually worked in the real world, because if you have ever been in a real policy meeting, you'd understand the way the world works. I've had to present proposals I knew were ludicrous countless times, yet I had to convincingly sell them. If I didn't, my boss would have fired me in a heartbeat. That's life when you work for The Man.

longballz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 02:02:46 PM »
Hi,
I've been lurking for a long time on this board and decided to finally post here because because there is a lot of misinformation in the media about this subject. For anyone who really cares, I suggest the book "Why America Slept" by Gerald Posner. It came out in Oct. '03, months before male private part Clarke's. Posner is completely impartial in his investigation and has nothing to gain politically. There was tremendous incompetence on many levels of the govt.(INS,FBI,CIA,) dating back to the Reagan Adminisrtation. There were also many other political and social aspects aspects that contributed to 9/11. Posner also has an excellent book about the JFK assassination called "Case Closed" which is fascinating. He's also a UC Hastings law grad.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2004, 02:04:24 PM »
Did you hear the tape recording of him saying there was NO policy handed down from the Clinton administration?

He was on tape saying that (while working for Bush) the new Bush policy was to get rid of Al Queda. In front of the commission, he said that this was just his way of making Bush look good and that it was really the opposite. He said "I assume what you have a problem with is the tenor and tone of my comments...".

Spin... spin... spin...
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 02:11:42 PM »
Damn The Man.  I hate working for The Man, always trying to put me down...
::)
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=123-04142004

http://nationalreview.com/document/document_1995_gorelick_memo.pdf

These links from Drudge will provide you with one of the main cuases of the lack of cooperation between the CIA and the FBI that everyone is pretending to care about on the commission.
Go Bush!  (8

jgruber

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »
Spin for who's benefit?  Ya gotta wonder....

He was on tape saying that (while working for Bush) the new Bush policy was to get rid of Al Queda. In front of the commission, he said that this was just his way of making Bush look good and that it was really the opposite. He said "I assume what you have a problem with is the tenor and tone of my comments...".

Spin... spin... spin...