Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pitt Law Acceptance  (Read 5188 times)

vmersich

Re: Pitt Law Acceptance
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2004, 11:47:58 AM »
Congratulations!  Is Pitt your top choice?  If so, you can use some of that scholarship money to buy a Glock and some body armor.  Oakland has really gone downhill in the past decade :)

Shame on you for scaring people!  ;)

Really, Oakland isn't the best place in Pittsburgh, but it is a helluva lot nicer than most places in most cities. I would choose oakland over the nicest areas of new orleans, for instance.  And you can live in (the ironically named nearby) Shadyside for cheap, too.  Nice tree-lined streets, areas with bars and shops, and nice clean 2 br apartments for 550/month.

I don't think I'll ever stop defending the burgh.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2004, 01:06:12 PM »
Shame on you for scaring people!  ;)

Really, Oakland isn't the best place in Pittsburgh, but it is a helluva lot nicer than most places in most cities. I would choose oakland over the nicest areas of new orleans, for instance.  And you can live in (the ironically named nearby) Shadyside for cheap, too.  Nice tree-lined streets, areas with bars and shops, and nice clean 2 br apartments for 550/month.

I don't think I'll ever stop defending the burgh.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh so I'll always consider it my hometown.  I used to want to move back there, but in the past few years every time I've gone back to visit the city seems worse and worse.  By the way, my parents lived in an apartment in Shadyside until I was 2.  I grew up in Beechview.

Go Steelers!

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2004, 01:24:29 PM »
I was also born and raised in Pittsburgh (Mt. Washington area) and still live here.  It's a blue collar town with a blue collar attitude.  It's really not as bad as people are saying.  It has the typical amount of crime that any city has in my opinion. As with any city, there are good (Shadyside) and bad (Hill District) parts of town.  Both of these neighborhoods border Oakland, which is where the University is located. If you like an Urban campus, you can't beat it.  If you're looking for a nice, scenic, 'university feel' campus, It's probably not for you.

Ditto on the Go Steelers!

vmersich

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2004, 02:25:26 PM »
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh so I'll always consider it my hometown.  I used to want to move back there, but in the past few years every time I've gone back to visit the city seems worse and worse.  By the way, my parents lived in an apartment in Shadyside until I was 2.  I grew up in Beechview.

Go Steelers!

Yeah, you had said something about growing up in the burgh before.  Did I say something you disagreed with, though?  I mean, Oakland can be bad, but it's not THAT bad, right? 

I am surprised to hear you say you think it's getting worse, though.  Perhaps I just haven't been in the city enough the past few years (only about 5 or 6 times since 2002 or so).  I definitely will stand by my claim that the ghettoish areas of Pittsburgh are nicer than most areas of NO and philly, though. 

NeverForever

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2004, 03:57:06 PM »
Got my acceptance today! My first one!

NYKnicks

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2004, 04:00:29 PM »
Got my acceptance today! My first one!

Congrats! I'm sure it was a good feeling.

BGOM

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2004, 04:03:58 PM »
Congratulations! It's always nice to get one on a Friday so that you can go out and celebrate without having to worry about getting up early the next day.

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2004, 04:13:44 PM »
I'm in as well.

2.9/174

After starting off 0/2, this one feels really good.  :)

Letter dated 12/06

Congratulations RaindeerS!  And congrats to everyone else who got in as well!   ;D