Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Calling All Baylor Law Students -- I Need Very Important Advice  (Read 4911 times)

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Calling All Baylor Law Students -- I Need Very Important Advice
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2004, 05:36:47 PM »
come on guy.  i am not trying to get people to feel sorry for me.  that doesn't make sense anyway.  i was being sincere. 

dcdjr23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2004, 08:21:52 PM »
Do you write your posts with your cell phone keypad?  Is it really that difficult to write out "your," "you're," and "because"?

It would add a lot of credibility to what you're saying even though I'd still learn more from a Special Olympics Spelling Bee than from reading your inane blabber. 

P.S. I'd love to compare first year grades in 2006--I will need a good laugh after all that stress.

You've described yourself as a "conservative, Baptist" in other threads, yet some of your posts seem to indicate that you are extremely arrogant.  It seems hypocritical to me that you openly talk about your religion yet you don't seem to have a problem with being an arrogant prick.  Then again, you wouldn't be the first Baptist hypocrite that I ever met - maybe just the most arrogant one.
Attending: SMU  :=)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2004, 09:28:25 PM »
Why all this negativety all of the sudden?  I fail to see what any of this had to do with the original post.
Attending: Texas

dcdjr23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2004, 10:10:16 PM »
I just hate to see people who claim to be religious be rude and arrogant.  That's the reason for my post.

LSATGuru

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2004, 12:56:09 AM »
You're right.  I'm sorry for insulting you A_guy, it was immature of me. 

dcdjr23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2004, 01:18:11 AM »
Humility and the ability to ask for forgiveness - those are traits that I can admire.

Good luck at Baylor or wherever you decide to go!

operatke

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2004, 09:20:02 AM »
How is it that everyone seems to know whether or not they got a scholarship?  I thought that info was going out in January...

Not for Spring chickens like me.  We start class at the beginning of February, so Jan. would be a bit late...

I am a spring chicken myself, that's why I asked...how did you find out?

emsimpson

• View Profile
    • WEBoggle!
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2004, 10:09:02 AM »

I received an offical acceptance letter on Nov. 4th.  Then again, my application may well have gotten early attention due to a funny exchange of emails I had with the admissions office that alerted them to my numbers.

LSATGuru

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2004, 10:15:52 AM »
I'm sure it was comparable to Ken Griffey Jr. signing up for a Little League team to them  :P jk

Are you related to Jessica Simpson, EM?  I know that she was born in Waco but grew up in Dallas.  If you are, does she have any hot cousins (Ashlee sucks and I can't intrude on Nick's woman  :D)

I received an offical acceptance letter on Nov. 4th.  Then again, my application may well have gotten early attention due to a funny exchange of emails I had with the admissions office that alerted them to my numbers.

UMHBmom

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2004, 12:50:05 PM »
I'm sure EmSimpson is going to raise the Spring admit stats from last year all by himself. You stud, you!  ;)

Completely OT, but I have to ask: RPLB, what on earth does your moniker stand for???

How is it that everyone seems to know whether or not they got a scholarship?  I thought that info was going out in January...

My scholarship info was in my acceptance letter. First paragraph: Congrats, blahblahblah. Second paragraph: We are pleased to award you blahblahblah. My understanding is that merit scholarship awards are automatically part of the admissions process. If you weren't automatically granted a scholarship from the law school, I suppose you could still get a need-based university scholarship on your award letter from financial aid? I'm just grasping at straws. I got my financial aid award letter on Saturday, so maybe it's on its way. Don't forget that there are also a coupla scholarships available that you actually have to apply for, and if you didn't get anything this year, just bust your butt and earn one for next year.  :)