Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Washburn  (Read 1777 times)

jayhawk

Re: In at Washburn
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 03:31:51 AM »
mfitz: to be honest, i have no idea about when they received scholarship offers.  i'll be chatting with one of my friends that goes there in a few days, so i'll be sure to ask him.  i'm not sure if it matters at all, but i'm going to give you my opinion of going to washburn (by the way, i'm kind of drunk right now, so this is more honest than i would usually be):  washburn is, as far as i know, a good law school.  all of my friends that go there absolutely love it; they love the school, the teachers, the curriculum, everything.  caveat: it's in topeka.  i absolutely hate topeka, and, unfortunatly i'm not the only one who feels the same way about the city.  it's just very skeezy (i'm trying to think of a pc way to say white trash  ;) ).  i know that's harsh, and perhaps my opinion is a bit skewed because i waited tables there for a few years and dealt with people at their worst, but i really am not a big fan of topeka in general.  however, lawrence and kansas city are both within an hour and are an entirely different story.  sorry, i know you didn't want to read an entire essay about washburn, but i just thought i'd give you my opinion.....

Dante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 01:22:28 PM »
mfitz,

Did you do the early start in Jan or are you going in the fall?  Still waiting on the committee to evaluate my app for the Jan class.  LSAC took FOREVER in processing my transcripts. 

Anyway, congrats!

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2004, 07:01:02 PM »
i absolutely hate topeka, and, unfortunatly i'm not the only one who feels the same way about the city. 

however, lawrence and kansas city are both within an hour and are an entirely different story. 

The only good thing about Topeka is the John Brown mural.

Lawrence and KC are great, though.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 12:36:28 AM »
Thanks for the advice, jayhawkgirl.  I'd certainly want to check out Topeka before making a final decision.

Dante--I applied for the fall.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

Gummo

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »
congrats!