Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Good News Trolls! - #@!* Off  (Read 1788 times)

A.J

Good News Trolls! - #@!* Off
« on: November 26, 2004, 04:32:52 AM »
I had not read this until tonight.  You can simply click on the "About" link on your left or you can read the LSD privacy policy here as I will post it. 

To whoever it is creating troll acounts, you need to realize that you can and might end up screwed if you continue.

Information Collected (non-members)

Law School Discussion collects internet protocol (IP) information to analyze where are users are coming from and how they navigate through the site. We also use cookies to determine user statistics such as number of page views per user, time spent online per user, number of users per day, etc. Law School Discussion also uses cookies to track advertising data. In addition, third party advertisers may also use cookies to track visitors to the Law School Discussion site.
Information Collected (members)

"Members" are those users that decide to register for one of the discussion boards offered by Law School Discussion. In addition to collecting the user information described in the non-members section above, we collect user's email addresses. Email addresses are used for opt-in announcements (such as an announcement that a new reply has been posted to a topic started by the member), and occasional general announcements from the administrator and staff.

Member data such as IP addresses, email addresses, and account names are also used to identify users that post malicious messages. While user data is rarely shared with third parties, Law School Discussion reserves the right to disclose any and all collected user information to law enforcement agencies and hosting organizations (such as universities that provide internet service) for the purposes of reducing malicious, inappropriate, or unlawful messages.
Information Sharing

With the exception of the user data that may be disclosed to third parties for helping to reduce malicious, inappropriate, or unlawful messages, Law School Discussion does not disclose personal information. Law School Discussion may disclose aggregate user information to third parties. Law School Discussion does not disclose email addresses to third party advertisers.
Consent

By visiting the Law School Discussion site, you agree to the terms of this privacy policy. This policy is valid for 24 hours from the time last viewed by the user. Law School Discussion reserves the right to change this policy without notice by updating this document.

vmersich

Re: About the Site - Good News
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 08:17:57 AM »
This seems like a professionally drafted legal document.  No way a non-t14 grad did this.   ;)

A.J

Re: Good News Trolls! - #@!* Off
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 09:38:25 PM »
@#!* off fucker, we know there is only one of you and it is only a matter of time before you are discovered.

bhvexille

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 09:44:10 PM »
All you're doing is inviting him or her to continue spamming your forums..

If s/he has half a brain then s/he knows there is absolutely nothing you can do to him/her.. and this will just come across as a challenge...

A.J

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »
I dont really care. 

bhvexille

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 09:51:55 PM »
You don't care that you're being entirely counterproductive?

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 09:11:32 PM »
All you're doing is inviting him or her to continue spamming your forums..

If s/he has half a brain then s/he knows there is absolutely nothing you can do to him/her.. and this will just come across as a challenge...

He or she probably doesn't have half a brain.

HTH

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 01:48:59 PM »
This seems like a professionally drafted legal document.  No way a non-t14 grad did this.   ;)

oh, yes, julie see how superior these are when she see "where are members" in second line.  elitism is its own reward

vmersich

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 03:05:14 PM »

oh, yes, julie see how superior these are when she see "where are members" in second line.  elitism is its own reward

This confuses me.

eileen2004

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 03:10:04 PM »

This confuses me.

Me too.  I see the spelling/grammar error in the original text, but I can't understand why someone who doesn't write in proper sentences is criticizing it.  Whatever.