Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suggestions for a good LS prep book  (Read 1149 times)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
Re: Suggestions for a good LS prep book
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 12:11:06 PM »
I don't know about other schools, but at most of the top 5, the Socratic method is dead, at least in its old incarnation.  The profs ask you questions, but they do it to draw out ideas, not to trip you up.  There are old guard profs who are still hardcore into socratic elenchus, but other than that it's pretty much a learning tool now, not an implement of torture.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

jgruber

Re: Suggestions for a good LS prep book
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 12:12:51 PM »
I don't know about other schools, but at most of the top 5, the Socratic method is dead, at least in its old incarnation.  The profs ask you questions, but they do it to draw out ideas, not to trip you up.  There are old guard profs who are still hardcore into socratic elenchus, but other than that it's pretty much a learning tool now, not an implement of torture.

If PLS is accurate, law school is hell and only the righteous will survive the furnace.  Geez, I hope not.