Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whittier  (Read 3584 times)

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whittier
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 05:00:20 PM »
I just got my acceptance letter finally, and also a second letter in a separate envelope saying they're evaluating my file to determine scholarship amount and will notify me ASAP.  Maybe they're waiting to see how much money they have left after they get in seat deposits!  :)  Hopefully its a lot!  When did the rest of you receive scholarship offers from Whitter?  For how much and what were your numbers?

No mention of an admit day.  I called to talk about visiting the school and they just said to come before May 4th because that's the last day of classes.  My deposit is also due May 7th, so my May 1-4 trip sounds good still. 
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

jgruber

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2004, 05:12:14 PM »
People get so obsessed with the money thing.  I'm from Atlanta...SoCal is not THAT much more expensive.  To me its worth it to pay a little more for housing, gas, etc. to go to the best school I can.

I dunno what it costs.  I've visited and worked short term in SoCal and Atlanta, but never lived in either.  I was just offering the consideration.  The money should not be the only determining factor.  I though San Diego was great and would probably live with the higher cost -- if any -- because it is really a very nice area.

8)

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2004, 05:17:44 PM »
Kristi --

I received my scholarship from Whittier with the acceptance letter -- same envelope.  They offered $17,500 the first year, and renewable if in top 20% of class.

You can see my numbers here or on lawschoolnumbers.com - I'm speakerdave there as well. (I'm speakerdave everywhere :-) )

Guess I was mistaken about an admitted student's day....enjoy the trip.  I want great details since I can't visit until I go to look for an apt. in June...

BigDaddy

• 3.2 160 McGeorge School of Law, 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2004, 05:55:16 PM »
GA -
I think I said this at XOXOHTH, but I am a 3.2, 160, MS, and they gave me full ride in the top 20%. I have withdrawn, so there is about 27K a years back in the pot for you...Good luck! :D

thechoson

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2004, 06:23:25 PM »
GA -
I think I said this at XOXOHTH, but I am a 3.2, 160, MS, and they gave me full ride in the top 20%. I have withdrawn, so there is about 27K a years back in the pot for you...Good luck! :D
Me, exactly the same info.  So there's another 27k in the pot

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2004, 09:14:49 PM »
Hehe, love you guys giving up those Whittier scholarships!!  :)

I would be VERY happy to get 50% tuition, which is probably the best I can hope for from what I've heard.  My numbers are lower than all of yours, but maybe if I tell them that I'll choose them over Florida Coastal they'll up it.  Hope I get the offer soon, I hate not knowing!

2.87/150,154....I think I should get a 50% scholarship  :)  hehe (praying hard!)
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2004, 09:25:17 PM »
Well, I just got an email from Cal. Western.  They are unable to offer me any money.  I had told them that it was between Whittier and them, but that Whittier had offered me 17.5K -- So, that means that Whittier is my official backup school....

Still pending at GSU, Pepperdine, Loyola, and Southwestern.  So, Kristi....we may be classmates.

thechoson

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2004, 09:27:57 PM »
Cal Western seems pretty cheap too.  Heck they wanted to INTERVIEW me for a scholarship. What kind of crap is that?!  Something about all these San Diego idiotic schools

tier4bound

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2004, 09:28:33 PM »
GA_Kristi,

You and me both...we basically have the exact same numbers so if you want to duke it out over a game of Pac Man or a triathlon to see who gets the money, its fine with me.

hahaha...just kidding...hope to see you all at Whittier, hell we should all form our support group now to beat the grading curve and be the top 3-5 in the whole 1L..haha...oh to dream.

I'm out.

thechoson

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2004, 09:30:31 PM »
You know, this is a fun group.  maybe i shoudl join you guys at Whittier.