Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Probably-dumb LOR distribution question  (Read 442 times)

JiggityJig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Probably-dumb LOR distribution question
« on: November 25, 2004, 11:43:02 AM »
My general, going-to-all-schools LOR was in and processed, so I submitted an app (one for which I only needed this one letter) through LSACD.  I just want to check...there was nothing more I needed to do with regard to the LOR for it to be sent out with the rest of my report, right?

I'm asking because I know there's the whole new rigamarole with directing letters, but I presume that letters *not* marked as school-specific are just treated as usual and sent out with all reports.  It occurred to me that the LSACD submission asked nothing about identifying LORs, so I want to quell my paranoia that *no* letter would get sent.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: Probably-dumb LOR distribution question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 12:25:45 PM »
You're fine. If you don't specify, LSAC will send letters in the order in which you got them. To check, go to your online LSAT account and click Account Status|Reports, Letters. There's a letter ID column that will tell you which letters were sent out with which report.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

JiggityJig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 12:32:41 PM »
Thank you kindly.  LSAC hasn't finished my Academic Report, so the request hasn't gone through, hence no report info next to the LOR yet.   I realize this was a boneheaded question -- I guess in lieu of finding any actual errors in my completed app, I needed something to get irrationally worried about.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 01:26:06 PM »
You're welcome. And good luck ;D. And believe me, most of us have 'found' something to stress over.......
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine