Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To Andrew, and to my online L.S.D. pals...  (Read 549 times)

noell

To Andrew, and to my online L.S.D. pals...
« on: November 25, 2004, 03:03:46 AM »
Recently, there has been an influx of troll accounts, posts of hatred, name-calling, and other childish acts.  This board is absolutely no fun or helpful anymore.  This will be my last post to this message board.

Though I may not have seen eye-to-eye with everyone on this board, I did receive valuable information, advice, and encouraging thoughts to help me through the law school application process.  I did not go through it alone, because of this message board.  I thank you all for that.

I don't understand why or know who is doing all of these troll accounts, and posts, trying desperately to hurt people.  I do know that it is only a hindrance to the purpose of this board.  Genuine posts are getting lost and forgotten in the swarm of junk posts, and troll postings.  The amount of these posts is unacceptable, and in my 9 years of being on the internet, this is the most troll-like activity I have EVER seen on a message board or mailing list.  It has gotten out of hand

Andrew, you really *really* need to tighten the reins on this board.  I am serious about this, I have never seen this much detrimental activity on a message board or mailing list ever.  You must take charge, don't post a thread about what needs to be done, don't let others decide what to do, it will only cause trouble (like the "Please delete DOWNY's account" posts).  You alone must make the decision.  You need to figure out how to take more control of this board.  Spend more time reviewing posts, delete troll accounts sooner, disable moniker changing, disable anyone from getting an account so easy, do email verification (if you have banned their email address, they can't ever get an account, just like the IP addresses you are doing now), add more moderators, do *SOMETHING.  Your board is being taken over slowly by these folks.  I offered my services, I've moderated tons of yahoo email groups in the past 9 years for people, but my request was ignored.  I don't seem to get any impression that anyone cares about this message board.  If you do not have the time or energy to put into this message board, perhaps you should shut it down, or pass it along to someone who does.  It is not fair to people looking for genuine help for law school applications to read such idiotic and hurtful posts all the time.

To everyone else, thank you for the hospitality and the occasional advice, humbling and humiliation.  :)  It really has been fun.  I am glad I met a lot of you, and really hope to keep in touch.  If you would like to keep in touch, please email me at: noell.sweet@gmail.com.

For now, good night ... and good luck with your law school applications.

-Noell

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
Re: To Andrew, and to my online L.S.D. pals...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 04:32:44 AM »
Check out xoxohth.

But really, when regulars quit, it only gives this(these) troll(s) a greater sense of power.  And they are impotent without the reactions of others.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

NYKnicks

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 10:57:56 AM »
My goodness people just stay, you don't even have to read any of the troll posts if you don't want to, just turn your head and keep walking.

Still though, good luck to you Noell.

noell.sweet

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 02:17:25 PM »
I'm sorry I sounded so harsh with my original post but I just would like trolls like Downy removed from here!

It's like breathing in toxic air!