Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 100% LSD addicted...  (Read 2538 times)

kristay

100% LSD addicted...
« on: November 25, 2004, 01:24:28 AM »
or, at least I was...

I must say that I am saddened by the inability of "adults" to act and behave in a mature, thoughtful, responsible way befitting adults of a civilized society.  What I have seen over the past couple of weeks has been an increasing amount of hostility, hatred, and trolling on a site that I had fallen in love with.  Why people feel the need to attack others is beyond me.  Why people feel the need to instigate and provoke is beyond me.  There is a huge difference between disagreeing with someone and needlessly attacking. 

Now, I'm not at all saying that everyone should agree with each other or that no one should fight.  We are all entitled to our own opinions...and, to be perfectly honest, fights can be fun and entertaining.  But the amount of name calling has escalated to a point of ridiculousness.  Be mature about it, now, really....

Remember that the thing that you say have consequences.  Believe it or not, the things that you say can be hurtful...even on an online forum such as LSD.

I fell in love with LSD because posters were friendly and funny.  I felt that this was a welcome place where I could get some support through this whole law school application process.  At first, I believe that I found what I was looking for, made some LSD friends, had fun.

Guess what, though...it is no longer fun.  Sej called me an "LSD cheerleader"...and I would have gladly taken on this title or continued to act as such if I weren't so disappointed by the hostility and hatred here.  Yes, I have been a female dog to people (namely trolls) and have thus contributed to the negativity here.  But I really don't think that I went and attacked anyone without reason.

I am tired of ignorant jackasses sending me ridiculous PMs.  I am tired of being called "skanky" or a "whore" or "needy" for no apparent reason.  I am taking an indefinite leave from this board to contemplate whether or not I want to come back to such a hostile environment.

To the LSDers that I love and respect (you know who you are): Thank you so much for all your support.  Thank you for your advice and helping me through the stress of applying to law schools.  Thank you for making the past week or so more bearable.  Thank you for making LSD FUN!

To those that I seem to have offended or pissed off: I'm sorry that you have misunderstood me and who I am. 

Decembertaker

Re: 100% LSD addicted...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 01:26:29 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE TRULY PATHETIC & NEEDY LITTLE GIRL!!! YOU JUST PROVED EVERYTHING I (AND OTHERS)  HAVE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.J

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 04:57:17 AM »
I seriosly hope this *&^% isnt coming from you 'Lobe.

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 05:13:49 AM »
I seriosly hope this sh*t isnt coming from you 'Lobe.

No, I believe that Lobe is above all of this.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

jayhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 05:18:55 AM »
I agree about lobe.  He seems like a pretty straight-up guy, and if he has problems with someone he tends to speak his mind about it.  I really doubt that he would make trolls to say something he could just as easily say himself.

A.J

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 05:23:53 AM »
Yeah I know.  Not to mention that he doesnt tend to have a tendancy to insult on the base level that this guy does.  I apologize, 'Lobe.

I just wondered because someone created a troll acount in my name and I dont know of anyone really, outside of Lobe way back, who has had any substantial issues with me.  Those died along time ago though.

jayhawk

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 05:25:20 AM »
Yeah I know.  Not to mention that he doesnt tend to have a tendancy to insult on the base level that this guy does.  I apologize, 'Lobe.

I just wondered because someone created a troll acount in my name and I dont know of anyone really, outside of Lobe way back, who has had any substantial issues with me.  Those died along time ago though.

it was me  :-[

A.J

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 05:34:37 AM »
I knew it!  You see, this was all a ruse to get you to confess.  ;)

jayhawk

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 05:39:57 AM »
aw how embarrassing.  i'm hanging my head in shame.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

A.J

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 05:41:07 AM »
for shame...