Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will Chicago ED help?  (Read 265 times)

ace888

• View Profile
Will Chicago ED help?
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:48:40 PM »
I have already applied to U. of Chicago, but am considering switching from RD to ED. I've heard conflicting stories as to whether ED helps (especially with my stats, 3.62 169, being on the low-ish end). Chicago is my #1 choice, but I'm hesitant to commit without knowing financial aid info. Any comments are appreciated.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will Chicago ED help?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 09:57:57 PM »
if you'd be willing to go there full price regardless of what other schools offer, then go for it.  otherwise, i say you shouldn't.  they're probably more stingy with aid for ED people because they know they don't have to entice those students.  if you're okay with that, then ED is fine.  and even RD, you may have a hard time getting merit aid since your numbers are right around their median.  i don't know how chicago's merit aid works though.  some aren't based just on numbers.  maybe you can call and express your concerns, see what they say?  at the least, it'll show that you're really interested in the school.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?