Law School Discussion

Application Crunch Time?

Application Crunch Time?
« on: November 24, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
is this the busiest time for apps? or right after thanksgiving?

Re: Application Crunch Time?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 11:00:47 PM »
I know I have an obvious bias, but I am guessing that the busiest time for applications is after Thanksgiving. Of course, I would like to think that I got most of my stuff in ahead of the crowd, since I am done applying to all the schools I care about. From here on out, ironically, I'll be working on a few "safeties" that my parents insisted on.

The real over-achievers, I am sure, finished all their stuff a couple of weeks ago- if not earlier.

BIG H2001

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 11:03:52 PM »
I think after the holidays might be the busiest.  They are reviewing all the apps. that came in about thanksgiving on top of all of the procrastinators and those who took the Dec. LSAT.

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 11:06:50 PM »
I thought around January would be the busiest since all the people who took the Dec LSAT would have sent their apps in at that time. Plus some schools have deadlines around Feb 1 so people are in a mad rush. What're  you worried about SW? You sent yours out already.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 11:42:22 AM »
I have my reasons for asking...  ;)

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 01:53:33 PM »
I would agree that after the holidays would probably be the busiest time.  I have a friend who took the December LSAT last year and got her applications in around mid-January.  She didn't hear from any of the schools she applied to until at least mid- to late-April.  That's a pretty long gap especially considering that those of us who get our applications done before the holidays, or even before Thanksgiving may only have 6-8 weeks to wait on some of the schools. 

LSATGuru

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 04:52:46 PM »
Many, many schools don't start reviewing applications that arrive after early decision until Mid January.  As long as your app. arrives before January 15th (this is the date the Notre Dame dean of admissions told me at the open house for their school) you should have as fair of a shot as anyone else.