Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA/USC/Hastings  (Read 2556 times)

bobfett33

Re: UCLA/USC/Hastings
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »
I'm still waiting on UCLA...  been complete since sometime in January...

And, yeah, Lawschoolnumbers being down has put a damper on my daily checking to see if a bunch of new decisions have started coming - they tend to arrive in waves, if you look.

Anyway, what I heard, for anyone waiting to hear from the PILPP program, is that the general adcomm is waiting on the PILPP committee's decisions for each applicant before they make a general decision for that applicant.  And, PILPP should be making a big wave of decisions by either this Friday or next.  Nothing to get your hopes up for, though, because after all, UCLA has said that we may not get a decision until the END OF MAY... oh, that hurts.

167/3.2, UCLA is my #1 choice...

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 05:50:42 PM »
I heard from UCLA on friday....waitlisted...AARGH. ..its my number 1 choice, too

Still pending at Davis and Hastings...

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 05:51:19 PM »
TIYO: what were your stats?

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 05:58:13 PM »
UGPA: 3.1
LSAT avg: 170 (167 and 172)

non-resident

UCLA was kind of a reach for me, but Hastings and Davis are most of my 'target' schools.

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 06:10:10 PM »
Pinktinker,

We have the eXact same #'s. Weird. I told them about an internship I had for a public defender's office in Jackson, MS.  I am also hoping they can look past the #'s and include my life experiences in their decision.

Anyways, I have been in review for about week I think. They really should have a system that auto-emailed applicants when their status changes. It such a simple thing for them to do and would really save thousands of people time and agony.
Someone posted that they had received a phone call telling them that had been admitted at Hastings. Does anyone know how often Hastings does this?
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 06:51:10 PM »
by the way, my letter from UCLA said 'the admissions committee has recently CONCLUDED its initial screening of applicants for fall 2004.' so that means everybody should be getting their decisions shortly...I think I got mine quicker than most because i'm here in pasadena, which is just 40 minutes from westwood...

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 08:46:15 PM »
Interesting... I'll make sure to check my mailbox. Or maybe UCLA decided to screw everyone else  ;)

pinktinker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 06:21:29 PM »
Well, I was waitlisted at Hastings, where they have received many more "intriguing applications" than they expected this year.  Nice letter and very encouraging, but still.  Being waitlisted?  It sucks.

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »
"Intriguing applications" eh?  now THAT sounds intriguing.  i'd like to see what composes hastings' application pool this year. 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.