Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA/USC/Hastings  (Read 2555 times)

jbshane

Re: UCLA/USC/Hastings
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 09:34:57 AM »
it's really unbelievable how low some of these cali schools are taking.  i know that they have a lot of apps this year, but they're screwing with people's lives by not being timely with their responses.

i read another thread yesterday where someone said that usc may not get all their responses out until mid-may.  i got into davis (late march - 164, 3.46), and they said that they'll be sending out their final confirmation request in early may.  how am i to respond to davis if i don't know about usc?  absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.  how could they be so umprepared for the onslaught of applications? >:(

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 09:39:43 AM »
Yes its insane that there are so many people pending at Hastings and UCLA and Davis still - they really need to get their act together

pinktinker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 11:53:19 AM »
Been "in review" at Hastings since 3/17, and my status now reads as "decision."  Obviously, I'm rather anxious to find out which way this decision went, but I'm uncertain as to whether I'll be able to get any info from the admissions office over the phone.  Has anyone who had a "decision" on their status check called up and found out anything helpful? 

pinktinker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 12:13:41 PM »
Oookay, maybe I've answered my own question: Hastings apparently doesn't have anyone to answer the phone!  All I can get is a labyrinthine automated message system.  No options are given to speak to real people.  Guess I'll have to wait on the mail.

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 12:16:10 PM »
Better than Fordham.  I have called several times in the past week....NOTHING.  Neither a person nor a machine picks up.  I want my money back!  >:(

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2004, 01:01:08 PM »
Pinktinker you got me excited - just went and checked my app status and, guess what!, still IN REVIEW!!!! never ending!

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 01:21:44 PM »
Pinktinker you got me excited - just went and checked my app status and, guess what!, still IN REVIEW!!!! never ending!

Haha, same here  ???

jbshane

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 01:23:57 PM »
me too - in review since December 22nd!!!

Doc Holliday

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2004, 05:03:46 PM »
Pinkertinker, what were your numbers? Good luck!

pinktinker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 05:25:16 PM »
My numbers are 163 composite LSAT/3.47UGPA. 

I called the main line at Hastings and was able to be transferred to a real, live person at the admissions office.  But when I asked if I could get further information re. the "decision," the admissions rep. told me that they "don't keep that sort of information" there.  Hmph.  I expect to see something in the mail within the next few days.  I'd like to think that my grad school/ECs/LoRs might mitigate the effect of my less-than-stellar scores, but since the CA schools have been so slow to get back to applicants, it's hard to predict what they're looking for.

Good luck to all of you, too!  It's hell waiting.