Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA/USC/Hastings  (Read 2461 times)

jbshane

UCLA/USC/Hastings
« on: April 13, 2004, 12:54:20 PM »
Anyone heard anything from these schools recently?

Lawschoolnumbers being down is killing me - users can't update their results until the site has switched servers.  This is driving me insane.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA/USC/Hastings
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 12:58:08 PM »
I haven't heard anything from USC. Even though their website promises to have decisions complete by the end of April, their office has told me that they have so many applications this yr that it may spill over till the middle of May.

I too am looking at LSN hoping that it'll be up soon.

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 11:58:42 PM »
I'm right there with you.  I haven't heard a thing from any of them (plus throw in Davis).  Waiting for letters is horrible but without lsn I can't even see what is happening to everybody else.

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 12:08:14 AM »
Waiting on those 4 as well. Big fat dings are expected from USC and UCLA, what do you guys think about Hastings and Davis for me? 3.53/161

thechoson

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 12:12:06 AM »
Very impressive GPA, UCs are notorious GPA whores, so that's a plus for you.  But forget that, go to Loyola with me, hahaha

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 12:15:12 AM »
Waiting on those 4 as well. Big fat dings are expected from USC and UCLA, what do you guys think about Hastings and Davis for me? 3.53/161

i think you're 50-50 to 60-40 at both to get in.

about the same as me 167/3.3

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 12:16:20 AM »
Very impressive GPA, UCs are notorious GPA whores, so that's a plus for you.  But forget that, go to Loyola with me, hahaha

Do you think my GPA will get me dinged at the lesser UC's?

cat.chili

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 12:20:40 AM »
OT: but I just got waitlisted by Davis, I received the letter last saturday 4/10; told them to kiss off.  I also am pending at USC and UCLA but given my waitlist status at Davis I don't have too much hope for those two.  Thankfully I've already been accepted at one of my 'target' schools so I'm not stressing too much.  My numbers are LSAT 164, UGPA 3.4, GGPA 3.7 in Elec Eng.

Good luck,
joe

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 12:22:41 AM »

i think you're 50-50 to 60-40 at both to get in.

about the same as me 167/3.3

I think you have a great chance at Hastings and Davis.  Although they are known to be GPA whores, they can't ignore a 167 either.  My bf got into Davis with a 3.4 and a 165. 

Goodluck to you!
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 12:39:23 AM »

Alright Leo, deal. haha...I sent a letter to Loyola today, basically told them (minus the attitude) "give me money bitches, or I take my business elsewhere."