Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post here if you're like me and haven't been accepted anywhere yet...  (Read 5866 times)

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
OK.  Here's the deal.

People started getting into Georgetown.  I was happy for everyone.  Still am.  I figured, eh, wait a little longer, you'll probably get in too.  It hasn't happened yet.  No biggie.  It's not the end of the world, and it was a reach for me anyway.  Besides, I'll certainly hear from them by Dec. 10, so it's all good.

Then, some people got into Baylor and ASU.  I didn't apply to those schools, so of course I wouldn't get in.  That didn't bother me at all.  For obvious reasons.

Now, though, WUstl sent out a round of admissions emails.  Call me crazy, but I think I should be a presumptive admit, and my numbers are about where many of the others were in this first round of admits.  Granted, maybe they applied a bit earlier than me... but I'm starting to get stir crazy.  Will I ever finally get my first acceptance? :-[

So this thread is for people like me who are counting down the days to their first acceptance.  If we're going to be nervous, we may as well be nervous together! :D

ZAP

NYKnicks

Re: Post here if you're like me and haven't been accepted anywhere yet...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 03:37:56 PM »
I'm with ya ZAP, though you have solid numbers so I don't know what you're worrying about. The adcoms are probably looking at my split thinking "WTF are we supposed to do with this?!?!"

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 03:40:08 PM »
I'm with ya ZAP, though you have solid numbers so I don't know what you're worrying about. The adcoms are probably looking at my split thinking "WTF are we supposed to do with this?!?!"

Good to know I'm not alone in this!  My old friend the reindeers go ruff ruff is in this boat with me, so I'm pretty sure we won't sink.  Just a little longer, we'll make it to the other shore.

When do you expect to start hearing back from schools?

ZAP

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 03:41:50 PM »
it is a blessing.  thanksgiving conversation... will not consist of a million questions.. so where have you been accepted?.. nowhere..where are you planning on going?..depends... END OF STORY. 

less family talk and more time to eat the mac and cheese and watch football with the boys

londongirlback

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 03:42:53 PM »
ZAP, you rock and you will get many acceptances yet!
This is a yucky waiting period, nothing is really moving too fast, ED people hear, EA don't (or the other way round) - admissions isn't in its full swing yet. so just hang on in there.
I (and many others) are in the same boat. I'm not expecting anything from Boalt and, unlike you, don't have a school where Im a presumptive admit, but it's aggravating having to wait and wonder. For me my future (or not) in the UK depends on this, so iI have applications everywhere here as well and can't plan anything.
I check this site obsessively. I'm just waiting for the day a stream of people say they got into Boalt. Then watch me flip right up to April when they reject me. But Ruskie said (and i think she's right) that no news is good news. As long as we haven't heard our file is still under review...
anyway, I wish you lots and lots of luck!

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 03:44:24 PM »
it is a blessing.  thanksgiving conversation... will not consist of a million questions.. so where have you been accepted?.. nowhere..where are you planning on going?..depends... END OF STORY. 

less family talk and more time to eat the mac and cheese and watch football with the boys

This is a good point, Franz.

Well, at least it's good to know that there are three of us.

It's kind of like a club.  Only it's the club you really just want to get out of (after Thanksgiving, of course, your point duly noted).

ZAP

NYKnicks

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 03:45:20 PM »
hmm, I guess I am waiting on G-town like yourself, applied EA, expect a ding.
WUStl too, not a presumptive admit, but eh, I think I have a chance.

Other than that, I'm not in a BIG hurry, I just hope my safeties get back to me fast in Dec or something, otherwise I won't be able to enjoy my Caribbean cruise vacation over Christmas break!  >:(

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 03:46:59 PM »
I am not in anywhere either. 

But my apps will not be complete until the Dec. 1.  So unlike you, I have the added pressure of not having finished applying, much less having a decision back yet.  :-\

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 03:47:25 PM »
ZAP, you rock and you will get many acceptances yet!
This is a yucky waiting period, nothing is really moving too fast, ED people hear, EA don't (or the other way round) - admissions isn't in its full swing yet. so just hang on in there.
I (and many others) are in the same boat. I'm not expecting anything from Boalt and, unlike you, don't have a school where Im a presumptive admit, but it's aggravating having to wait and wonder. For me my future (or not) in the UK depends on this, so iI have applications everywhere here as well and can't plan anything.
I check this site obsessively. I'm just waiting for the day a stream of people say they got into Boalt. Then watch me flip right up to April when they reject me. But Ruskie said (and i think she's right) that no news is good news. As long as we haven't heard our file is still under review...
anyway, I wish you lots and lots of luck!

Ditto.  Thanks for the compliments, by the way!

Boalt is surely one of the most selective schools, very hard to get into.  But you know, like Ruskie says, it's not impossible to get accepted, so you never know.  I applied there too and am hoping to get in, but I have a feeling I won't (which is why I've applied to about every school on God's green earth). :D

I just wish I could fast-forward to April like you said...

ZAP

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 03:49:34 PM »
I am not in anywhere either. 

But my apps will not be complete until the Dec. 1.  So unlike you, I have the added pressure of not having finished applying, much less having a decision back yet.  :-\

Yeah, you'll feel a great weight fall off your neck the moment you get your applications in.  I certainly did!

The only problem is then, as soon as other people started getting into schools, I started wanting to hear something back, so I'm getting stir-crazy.  I'm hoping the first acceptance (or even denial) will break the deadlock...

Good luck with getting your applications in!  I'm sure you'll be happy when that's over.

ZAP

ZAP