Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Stanford  (Read 17242 times)

verbtima

• View Profile
Re: Accepted at Stanford
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2004, 01:53:13 PM »
haha vagrant, i got a "brochure" thing from harvard, and my heart also did some spins, but yeah, it was just that, a damn brochure.  my complete from stanford was nov. 1 and i got the acceptance e-mail nov. 23.
i must have already had 10 heart attacks for each school that sent in a "complete" thing.

vagrant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2004, 01:57:24 PM »
haha vagrant, i got a "brochure" thing from harvard, and my heart also did some spins, but yeah, it was just that, a damn brochure.  my complete from stanford was nov. 1 and i got the acceptance e-mail nov. 23.
i must have already had 10 heart attacks for each school that sent in a "complete" thing.

Doh, that timeline would put me squarely in the middle of Christmas break!  That sucks.

verbtima

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2004, 02:01:50 PM »
vagrant, did you get this "we are delighted you decided to apply to harvard" thing before you got the acceptance?

vagrant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2004, 02:04:30 PM »
vagrant, did you get this "we are delighted you decided to apply to harvard" thing before you got the acceptance?

I'm not sure, I think I got a couple things in the mail from them.  I just scanned my email and got an email similar to that about a week after I applied.  It was so early it didn't trigger, but if I had gotten it now, the wording might have thrown me off a bit.

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2004, 02:15:12 PM »
verbtima,

i graduated in '03 and have been in San Francisco since then.

question for y'all: do you think stanford will review my application more quickly because the delay in my file's completion was their fault? My numbers put me as close to an auto-admit as one can be for stanford (3.97, 179), so I'm hoping they'll feel bad, see that it's a good application that doesn't require too much review, and admit me soon. I'd like to know about at least one admission before x-mas break (my g-town application was submitted three days after the early action deadline, so i don't get the benefit of an early decision from g-town.)
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

verbtima

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2004, 02:20:14 PM »
headlesschicken (nice name),
i wouldn't be surprised if you get admitted quickly anyway, based on your numbers.  wow, those are impressive numbers.  but either way, you should enjoy your break and just wait for the acceptance letters to roll in...even though you submitted your gtown app later than the EA deadline, you should still be hearing from them sometime soon.  of course none of this is going to make a real difference-it's hard not to check your mail compulsively and get impatient. 
do you like san fran btw?

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2004, 02:24:57 PM »
i love sf. it's the best place i've ever lived, and i plan on spending the rest of my life here. the only thing that may take me away is law school (although i have thoughts about my preferences, i'm going to wait to see where i get in, visit all of those places, and then decide) or clerkships. i definitely want to end up here when i start working. almost all of my friends from nyc decide, when they visit, that they really should be living here.
179/3.97 (Top3)

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2004, 02:28:30 PM »
PS The one benefit of working rather than being in school is that, unlike those still in college, i do not have a three week break during which I will be doing little other than wondering whether or not i got into law school. instead, i will be flying home on the wednesday afternoon before x-mas (having worked that morning) and flying back the next tuesday to start working again on wednesday. it's a big change from college.
179/3.97 (Top3)

ats

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2004, 02:43:58 PM »
I didn't get my packet yet. I think they sent it cheapo post or something, and since I'm all the way across the country, it's taking a while. :)

verbtima

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2004, 02:46:38 PM »
LSD is addicting.  i need to stop checking it every 2 seconds.
i have severe severe senioritis.  and itis in general.