Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Stanford  (Read 16823 times)

ats

Re: Accepted at Stanford
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2004, 10:49:43 AM »
What's "the farm"? I'm not down with my SLS lingo.

I know a few (very few) people who've gone to SLS and they weren't too happy for a variety of reasons. I'm definitely going to visit and evaluate.

cardman

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2004, 10:58:54 AM »
"the farm" is Stanford's nickname.  Stanford campus is on the land that used to be Leland Stanford, Sr.'s farm

verbtima

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2004, 05:15:21 PM »
hey muppet!  congrats!
i got into stanford too...or got the same e-mail, but i still haven't gotten the packet.  i am now all worried.  i'm graduating from yale this year (so i was a freshman when you were a senior here).  yay.  what residential college were you in?

Muppet

• "And we'll pass and be forgotten with the rest..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2004, 09:02:15 PM »
Congratulations to you too!  I was in Branford (which was being renovated my sophomore year... yikes, Swing Space).  Yourself?  I hope it's not Saybrook.   ;)
Stanford '08.  Fo' shizzle.

md2001

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »
Hey Verbtima, Congratulations. what are your numbers and when was your app complete? I'm still waiting from hyp undergrad. Thanks, MD

verbtima

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2004, 11:43:27 AM »
hey MD!  my file was complete on nov. 1, and my numbers were: 172, 3.9
and muppet, swing space is nice!  (except for being cut-off from the rest of the school, a minor detail :-))
do you think you'll go to SLS? 

ats

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2004, 12:18:23 PM »
I still haven't gotten my shirt! I wanna strut around with it and stuff. :P

If I don't get it by next week I'm gonna call them and tell them to said another one - maybe I'll get two. :)

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2004, 12:52:21 PM »
Swing space is not THAT nice ... much better to arrive on campus as a freshman just after your college has been renovated (although it would have been better to have not graduated just before the dining hall went all organic ... but at least i now live in SF and can go to Alice Waters' real restaurants.) BK all the way!

my file would have been complete around nov. 4 or 5 if stanford hadn't accidentally put one of my forms in another person's file, a mistake they didn't discover until I called to check on my file status this week. i guess i'll have to keep waiting another few weeks.
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

verbtima

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2004, 01:20:17 PM »
hey ats, have you gotten the package of materials in your mail yet?  i still haven't received mine (and even though i got the e-mail and called to confirm, i'm still worried).
great.
headlesschicken...that's crappy that they made the mistake; it's a good thing you called.  have you graduated?  or are you a senior?

vagrant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2004, 01:45:54 PM »
DANG IT!  I just got an email from Stanford and my heard did a little pitter-patter.  Unfortunately, it was only saying I was complete.  Same thing happened to me with UMich on Monday at the mailbox.  (Luckily, the Harvard one that I thought must be some sort of complete notice or random form was an acceptance.)

Anyone know what lag time Stanford is currently running?  Anyone go complete after early November and already know?