Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Stanford  (Read 16703 times)

Tortman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted at Stanford
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2004, 11:48:44 AM »
A huge congrats again.  Good job, very good job.

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2004, 11:55:42 AM »
shortckt -- I'll let them know that I've designated someone else to go to Georgetown in my place, and that they just better be happy with it.  ;)

Thanks MariCutie  ;)
Did you hear that Andy?
Now can I get in? ;D

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2004, 12:11:42 PM »
Stanford is DEFINITELY looking at apps before they're complete ... they misplaced my Form B (Dean's Certification) and did not find it until Tuesday afternoon. Nonetheless, I received a decision on Saturday morning. Hopefully Boalt will do the same now that they have my LSDAS report (which was (supposedly) never sent to them but which they downloaded on Friday after I called to check on it.)
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

buster

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2004, 12:49:17 PM »
I believe I have been remiss in congratulating our Stanford acceptees. Without further ado, congratulations y'all!  :)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2004, 03:24:23 PM »
OMG~~~ I just got to work, and a Stanford acceptance email was waiting for me!!! This is it for me ... Fricken-A, I don't know if I should call to make sure it's not a joke, or simply put down the coffee. ;D

Wow. Congrats mari! Due to our somewhat similar numbers, you've given me hope. Tiny, infinitesimal unmeasurable amounts of hope..... but hope. And, once again, congrats! :D

[And I received the email the day after you, 12/2. So, in theory, I could hear back any time from now until May.... or never hear back at all. Thanks life! I needed some stress.....]
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

maricutie

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2004, 03:40:09 PM »
Wow. Congrats mari! Due to our somewhat similar numbers, you've given me hope. Tiny, infinitesimal unmeasurable amounts of hope..... but hope. And, once again, congrats! :D

[And I received the email the day after you, 12/2. So, in theory, I could hear back any time from now until May.... or never hear back at all. Thanks life! I needed some stress.....]

Javert --- Honestly, I never thought there was a snowball's chance. I applied to it because it seemed almost too good not to (it's a t-10, in CA, etc), but never really expecting to get in. Even now, I'm the lowest on the LSN ... but I feel like my "soft" factors really, really had something do to with me getting in. Good luck!! :)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2004, 03:45:30 PM »
Mari-- I'm hoping my soft factors help too. Also, after this semester, I should bring my LSDAS GPA up to a 3.59, which isn't bad. With URM and (I suspect) fewer applicants this year...... well, maybe. As I said, small quantities of hope. I'm a lucky individual by nature, so who knows?

EDIT: But, of course, this thread isn't about me. This is the thread for Stanford acceptees. So, CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN everybody. :D.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

uponcripplecreek

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2004, 04:23:37 PM »
Congratulations to all who have gotten acceptances!  I suspect you all can relax a bit now, knowing that you've been accepted to one of the best law schools in the world.  Congrats!

My_Peoplethon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2004, 06:17:31 PM »
Question:  If I went complete on recently and a couple people have been admitted since that date (according to LSN), does that indicate that I've been denied a quick acceptance?  The only reason I ask is because I only have 2 of my 3 letters of recommendation submitted to them, and they know they're missing the final academic letter.  I'm just curious if this is the type of thing they'd wait for before issuing a decision, or if I have been denied an autoadmit status.  My stats are highly competitive, but I don't know if that has too much bearing on a school like Stanford.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2004, 07:18:41 PM »
Question:  If I went complete on 11/30 and a couple people have been admitted since that date (according to LSN), does that indicate that I've been denied a quick acceptance?  The only reason I ask is because I only have 2 of my 3 letters of recommendation submitted to them, and they know they're missing the final academic letter.  I'm just curious if this is the type of thing they'd wait for before issuing a decision, or if I have been denied an autoadmit status.  My stats are highly competitive, but I don't know if that has too much bearing on a school like Stanford: 3.95, 177.

woah, you've been complete for a week.  don't read into these things so much.  (not that i know anything about these things, but i would think that going complete means they're ready to review your file, even if there's something missing.)  you'll be fine with your numbers, so just relax.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?