Law School Discussion

University of St. Thomas-Minneapolis

funnyfunny

University of St. Thomas-Minneapolis
« on: November 23, 2004, 09:20:29 AM »
Does anyone know anything about this school?  I can't find it on the 2004 U.S. news rankings.  Is it TTT?

mfitz

• 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of St. Thomas-Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 09:42:34 AM »
It's only provisionally accredited, that's why it's not on the USNews rankings.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 09:18:31 AM »
St. Thomas University is a relatively small Catholic school in the Twin Cities. One of my college roomate's father and brother graduated from the university, which added the law school relatively recently. The school does have provisional ABA accredidation, as mfiftz noted.

I don't know too much about the law school, other than that they through out a lot of money and that it's reputation will only rise. I think the university has a pretty good reputation in MN and WI, so you should consider it if you're interested in working in the upper Midwest.

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 04:48:22 PM »
The above poster is correct; St. Thomas has a good reputation in MN and WI. 

I took the LSAT there.  I can vouch for their gorgeous (albeit a bit smallish-seeming) campus.

hope41

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 11:48:37 AM »
I know one of the Associate General Counsels at US Copyright graduated from St. Thomas.  I saw the diploma on his wall.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 01:21:18 AM »
I went there for undergrad, it's a good school, especially undergrad business program.

not sure about the law school though...although have been there couple times it is very beautiful looking with state of the art computer facilities and a very nice law library [although the volume of books is not very high].

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 08:48:50 AM »
OP, the MBA/Law program would be a great option at St Thomas; if this interests you, look at the Schulze School of Entrepreneurship http://www.stthomas.edu/bulletin/news/200416/Friday/SchulzeHall4_16_04.cfm

I graduated from the entrepreneurship program in 03 and I got a lot out of it; it is nationally ranked http://www.entrepreneur.com/topcolleges/results/1,6454,,00.html?mode=type&list=NT&tier=4