Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR Processing Time  (Read 1374 times)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: LOR Processing Time
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 03:52:50 PM »
Any ideas on how long to wait before re-submiting a LOR? My prof sent a LOR nearly 4 weeks ago, no sign from LSAC.
I am probably going to have him send a new letter-hopefully fedex or priority mail, but if anyone here has recently had a letter processed and can give me a rough time frame, that would be great.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

kristay

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 06:49:02 PM »
According to the piece of crap LSAC reps, the time frame is three weeks.  The woman I talked to today said that there is a backlog of letters (still) but most ppl are reporting three weeks (from the time LSAC receives the letter in the mail) to having it posted to your account.

Personally, I don't believe them.  I got a fax # from them to have my letter resent to, but I'm really pissed b/c I probably won't get my professor to do this until after the holidays (my college gets out for break this weekend and I have to mail the letter to the school since I don't live near Santa Babara)...so much for getting everything in early.   >:(

GoingtoLS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 09:14:58 PM »
I sent one of my letters 2 day mail and it was processed within a few days. I'm not sure why that is, but others on this board have posted similar stories. It might be worth it for you.

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 03:24:53 PM »
Here's a question for you...

Do you HAVE to set up your LOR people on the website? In other words, you can put in their name and address on the website. Is this necessary? I didn't set mine up because I have no idea of what address they are going to put on their top form when they send it. For all I know, they could put their business address or home address. I don't want mine held up because I entered a different address in there than what the form says.

As far as time goes, I had one sent about 3 weeks ago, and nothing on the website yet...

Jeff

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 04:07:47 AM »
You don't have to, but it may be a good idea. My first LOR was not entered beforehand and was processed correctly without unusual delay. Another LOR that was just recieved by LSAC was set up beforehand. I do not know if there is a difference in processing times for the two methods.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.