Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR Processing Time  (Read 1372 times)

soxfan04

• View Profile
LOR Processing Time
« on: November 23, 2004, 09:23:17 AM »
It looks like a few people have had some better luck lately getting there LORs processed by LSAC. Has anyone been waiting awhile? I'm closing in on about two weeks since my last letter was sent in and still nothing.

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
Re: LOR Processing Time
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 10:14:42 AM »
I'm holding on about the same time (2 weeks). Siiigh.  I can't submit my apps until they are through, so it's just a waiting game.

soxfan04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »
Yeah I'm in the same boat...oh well

dr_draino

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 10:55:52 AM »
Um, I finally gave up on one after 5 weeks and had another sent...

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 10:58:13 AM »
Um, I finally gave up on one after 5 weeks and had another sent...

I got my recommenders to each give me three signed, ready-to-send copies of my letters in signed, sealed envelopes, just in case. I'm going to send the extras in a few days if they aren't processed. 

caffeine and nicotine addict

• Sr. Citizen
  • Stay back - This is MY piss-pot!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tchnav
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 11:58:52 AM »
1. You can and should transmit your apps before all LORs are in. LSAC will send updated reports to the schools as they process the remaining LORs.

2. When I FedEx'd one of my LORs to LSAC, they processed it within 2 days of receiving it. I'm not sure why they place more emphasis on letters sent that way, but I got the idea from someone else who said they process letters very quickly when received overnight.

hth
In at GULC PT/ED - WooHoo!

KANVIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 02:51:20 AM »
1. You can and should transmit your apps before all LORs are in. LSAC will send updated reports to the schools as they process the remaining LORs.

2. When I FedEx'd one of my LORs to LSAC, they processed it within 2 days of receiving it. I'm not sure why they place more emphasis on letters sent that way, but I got the idea from someone else who said they process letters very quickly when received overnight.

hth

same here ;D 2 days with UPS

caffeine and nicotine addict

• Sr. Citizen
  • Stay back - This is MY piss-pot!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tchnav
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 10:12:14 AM »

hth

Glad it worked for you. I hope all your LORs are in now, because soon everyone will catch on and send their LORs overnight and LSAC will get just as backed up that way.   :P

same here ;D 2 days with UPS
In at GULC PT/ED - WooHoo!

HankieB

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 10:49:01 AM »
I spoke to someone at LSAC this morning because when I checked my online status there was a notice that "one or more LSDAS reports had not been sent", but no explanation was available online. 

The woman with whom I spoke told me that there will be people working overtime all weekend, including Sunday (excluding Thanksgiving Day) to try to get through the backlog of paperwork.

Just thought I would pass that along...

soxfan04

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 02:13:34 PM »
Anyone had any letters processed lately? I had a professor resend one last week after the first letter he sent hadn't been processed after about 3 weeks....I'm just trying to get a feel for the timeframe.