Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: All my transcripts in, finally  (Read 957 times)

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
All my transcripts in, finally
« on: November 23, 2004, 09:06:41 AM »
So as of today, all my transcripts are processed and my academic summary report is available. My study abroad grades are apparently not counted since they don't appear on my report. So my cumulative and degree GPA are the same, 3.45 :( I was hoping my stellar study abroad grades would bring it up, but no such luck. Oh well.

buster

Re: All my transcripts in, finally
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 09:27:57 AM »
It's good to know that you have approximately a nine-month head start on getting your apps in.  ;)

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 10:02:24 AM »
Your study abroad grades didn't count? Mine did.  Did you study through a different school?

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 11:21:29 AM »
yes, buster, no one can accuse me of procrastinating (for once in my life. this feels pretty good).

sej, I did study through another school, and I had them send my transcript to LSDAS. but apparently they didn't record the grades on that transcript. I talked to the person at Brown (The school that hosted the program), and she said that I'd have to have the Italian university send their transcript in. :( I guess I have enough time to do this, but will LSAC take it, since I didn't report the foreign university, only the US university that hosted the program?

Your study abroad grades didn't count? Mine did.  Did you study through a different school?

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 11:32:12 AM »
Hmm...that's strange.  I studied at a foreign university, but received the credit through American University, and I got the grades.  If it will make a big difference in your GPA, I'd do it, and you can ask them to just include your LSAC number on your transcript when they send it, and LSAC will automatically add the new school to your transcripts.
yes, buster, no one can accuse me of procrastinating (for once in my life. this feels pretty good).

sej, I did study through another school, and I had them send my transcript to LSDAS. but apparently they didn't record the grades on that transcript. I talked to the person at Brown (The school that hosted the program), and she said that I'd have to have the Italian university send their transcript in. :( I guess I have enough time to do this, but will LSAC take it, since I didn't report the foreign university, only the US university that hosted the program?

superiorlobe

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 12:45:54 PM »
Amarain: I'm dead serious about this post.  Just ask for and get your letters of recommendation in right now.  It is bloody ridiculous how long the process takes.  Profs can easily put it off for six weeks, then LSAC takes another 6 weeks to process them.  That is 3 months.  Just do it now and get it over with so you can rest in peace.  Then take the LSAT in June and get your apps complete everwhere by September 2nd.

buster

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 12:54:59 PM »
agreed

Amarain: I'm dead serious about this post.  Just ask for and get your letters of recommendation in right now.  It is bloody ridiculous how long the process takes.  Profs can easily put it off for six weeks, then LSAC takes another 6 weeks to process them.  That is 3 months.  Just do it now and get it over with so you can rest in peace....

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 01:53:20 PM »
Actually, I've already started this. I asked for one recommendation already and sent her the LSAC form, and I'm trying to figure out who to ask for the others.
I have to take the LSAT in Feb, though. Unfortunately. But then again, that means it will be over sooner. And I'm going to have 16 hours of study time on a plane and 8 hours in a car over the break.

Amarain: I'm dead serious about this post.  Just ask for and get your letters of recommendation in right now.  It is bloody ridiculous how long the process takes.  Profs can easily put it off for six weeks, then LSAC takes another 6 weeks to process them.  That is 3 months.  Just do it now and get it over with so you can rest in peace.  Then take the LSAT in June and get your apps complete everwhere by September 2nd.

samueltobias78

• MSN Messenger - samueltobias78@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - samueltobias78
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 02:05:20 PM »
So this is probably a dumb questions too, but I was sending out my transcript request forms, and wasn't sure where I should get my College Code from.  Any help would be appreciated.