Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Valpo help...just accepted  (Read 2917 times)

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Valpo help...just accepted
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 11:03:04 AM »
*sigh*

once again, what r u basing ur opinion on.  u only visited 4 schools, didin't sit in on all classes, and don't know every person that goes to a tier 4 school.  there are other reasons people go to tier 4 schools besides not being able to get into a tier 1.  i am sure there are many people in the top schools that u don't want to be in class with.

ur opinions are ur opinions and a respect that, but the constant bashing of lower tier schools on this board in needs to stop.  people come here looking for information and may only be considerin tier 3 or 4 schools for what ever reason and find a really unwelcoming, hostile, and elitist environment. this site loses its intended purpose when we resort to more bashing than disseminating useful and helpful information.

bradzwest

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 04:36:01 PM »
Hey A_guy... I appreciate your position and generally agree.  Some of the stuff about the 3rd tier and 4th tier schools is less than helpful, there are always gonna be people with certain "types" of dark humor pretty much wherever you go.  I'm new to this site, but like anything on the internet its kind of "buyer beware" regarding a lot of the info.  Robot pimp liberty bell is always to the point even when its not so nice, but I did value the review he posted of schools and it was what ultimately led me to this site.  No defense here, we all know that non top 100 law schools carry a stigma... it is just stronger for some.  I really like seeing all the different points of view even if they may be inaccurate.  For those of you considering tier 3 or 4 and are considering the quality of your classmates.  I'm an honor student with a Legal Studies Degree from Berkeley.  I studied directly with the professors at Boalt and had their grad students as my TAs.  It was great.  10 years later I have no interest in a large impersonal academic environment and am seeking a small collegial LS with students who just want to learn and try to expand themselves in some positive way.  T14 students have my respect and admiration...really!  I just need a change.  I look forward to seeing any or all of you...in the halls of your favorite T3 or 4.  I'll be there.

LSATGuru

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 05:11:16 PM »
I apologize if I come off a bit abrasively.  All I can do to you, as I've done before, is suggest that you visit a top school and then first some Tier 3/4 schools, you'll experience the reasons why and understand why I feel the way I do about them.

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 05:35:12 PM »
i think most people come here looking for information that is str8 forward, but generalizing and stereotyping is never productive.  i can never say that all people at "top" schools are a certain way b/c i have not visted all "top" schools or no all the people that attend them.  soi think it is unfair to assume that all students that go to a tier 3 or 4 school are the same way.  imagine coming to this board seeking help and all u find is people bashing students from central/southern illinois.  imagine people constantly saying that u r not as smart b/c of were u grew up or whatever.  it would not be a place u would want to frequent.

if all u can see is the top schools, thats is fine b/c its ur right.  however, don't degrade other schools for not being T14.  don't base everything on the score from one test.  don't assume that 150 means a person won't be a successful lawyer.  never under estimate others b/c in many cases u will be surprised.

bradzwest

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2004, 10:37:52 PM »
Robot pimp liberty bell- no apology needed for me.  If I post and you can add anything to the mix...I wanna hear it.  Thanks